Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My Pillow...

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Buckocaster51, Feb 14, 2018.

1. hollowman

hollowman Friend of Leo's

Nov 22, 2006
    Kansas City
    I bought one... Love it! I am picky about pillows, it does as advertised, IMO.

Big_Bend and Buckocaster51 like this.

2. dsutton24

dsutton24 Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Dec 29, 2010
    Illinois
    My wife has one, she loves it. The ads are annoying, though.

Buckocaster51 likes this.

3. TheGoodTexan

TheGoodTexan Doctor of Teleocity

Apr 28, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    I switched to NPR a while back. The thing with NPR is - I know exactly what I'm getting, and that's ok with me... actually, that's all I ask.

As far as My Pillow goes... I would love to try one. I need to buy one actually.

"A man can never have too many pillows." - Abraham Lincoln

jackinjax and Buckocaster51 like this.

4. LocoTex

LocoTex Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2018
    Waxahachie, TX.
    I love mine - best pillow I've ever had.

But the commercials......please stop!

5. Nickadermis

Nickadermis Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 18, 2016
    Camden Point, MO
    Maybe they will show up in the "As seen on TV" isle at the local farm store and I can try one out :cool:

6. Doug 54

Doug 54 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Dec 12, 2004
    Ohio
    Ooops

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018

7. HotRodSteve

HotRodSteve Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2013
    The Hudson Valley
    I've had one for a few years and it's great. Worth every penny.

8. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    No tv for 8 years. So many missed commercials. So sad.

9. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    Turn off the television......

10. gypsy jim

gypsy jim Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I think they are nationwide. I thought I heard that years ago he was crackhead and obviously turned his life around. The commercials are here in DC. Can't say the commercials bother me as much as the Comcast/Verizon ones.

11. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Friend of Leo's

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    Got one as a gift. I think it's super.

12. soulgeezer

soulgeezer Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 5, 2006
    Sinatra's World
    Every minute of every day on every freakin' channel and radio station in the NYC area and every cable channel to boot! GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

I love the story I heard about the manner in which these were "invented"...

It seems that the guy who runs the company (mustache boy with the very visible cross around his neck) started out as a foam rubber products manufacturer. One day, he was looking out his corner window at the dumpsters below and he noticed all the wasted foam bits that were left over, when making some of the company's products.

The, a light bulb went off!!!

What if he took all of those randomly-shaped and sized foam bits, stuck them in a pillowcase, and promoted it as a bold new innovation in pillow technology? What a great idea, he thought -- It might just work!!!

So, that's exactly what the did: He took what had been garbage for all the years he had owned the foam rubber manufacturing company and turned that trash into the biggest cash cow he could ever have imagined!

https://www.consumerreports.org/mattresses/should-my-pillow-become-your-pillow/

"Consumer Reports bought three My Pillows to test. Although we weren’t able to test that REM sleep claim, we did examine them inside and out. My Pillow describes itself as having '3-piece interlocking fill,' but it actually has thousands of torn polyurethane foam pieces in three sizes."

Then, the lawyers got involved...

https://www.consumerreports.org/my-pillow/my-pillow-health-claims-lawsuit-settlement/

"Mike Lindell, CEO of My Pillow, once said that “people are tired of phony advertising.” But the company found itself being accused of misleading advertising in a civil lawsuit brought earlier this year by several California consumer-protection groups. My Pillow agreed to settle the case this week and pay almost $1 million in civil penalties."

Snake oil indeed. My uncle and his wife bought them and returned them within a week. Don't waste your time or money. Pillow-boy's trash is still trash, no matter how nice the pillowcase he dresses it up in!

13. boredguy6060

boredguy6060 Friend of Leo's

Mar 28, 2012
    Sou Cal
    Right now?

Doug 54 likes this.

14. Average_Joe

Average_Joe Tele-Meister

yes!

your quality of life will improve greatly :)

15. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

Jun 24, 2004
    Anderson, IN
    We bought two, and like them a lot. About the same money as good pillows at the department store. Would buy them again. They are just pillows...

boredguy6060 likes this.

16. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Looks like yet another good reason not to have TV.:cool:

17. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

Have you seen the goldilocks mattress commercial? It's pretty funny.
    I've seen that one one YouTube a few times. After a few seconds you can skip it.
    I wish regular tv and radio had that option. I'd actually watch it once in a while.

18. jaybones

jaybones Tele-Afflicted

Ohio dubiously checking in.

I was first aware of the infomercial claiming "the only pillow endorsed by the National Sleep Foundation". Searched for that foundation, and the only hits I got were pointing out that it had been created by this My Pillow huckster.

I noticed pretty quickly those claims disappeared.

And my local Wal*Mart sells them in the as seen on TV section.

19. RetroTeleRod

RetroTeleRod Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 24, 2012
    Oklahoma, USA
    Thinking of putting "three piece interlocking foam" inside the battery compartments of all my pedals. Toan foam for haunting mids!

william tele likes this.

20. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Afflicted

Oct 29, 2008
    Dixie
    Man, that's a lotta hate'n !!! Hate the ad... hate the product (even if ya never tried it...)
    Geez.
    Don't hate the man for tryin' to make a buck on a product made in America!
    I've seen ........... LOTSA more annoying -and more dangerous- ads.
    Like howz about all those pharmaceuticals being pushed at us?Talk about a profit margin, and something that may not work as you wished! The side affects from My Pillows are.... fewer and more easily corrected.
    And if you find a pillow ad tough to take, how 'bout all the bowel control products..... and underwear for folks whose bowels have failed, and .....catheters! A good night's rest on a pleasant pillow may be "snake oil" to some.... but it's a lot more appealing hospice level cancer drugs....!

OK. Preachin' aside. My Pillow. I've got one. Only been using it for like 8 months or so, and I'm not dead yet. Maybe not life-changing great, but, honestly, I can't say I've used a better pillow.
    I've tried a lotta different pillows. Tried something called a "Bamboo" pillow, which was a big slab of memory foam or something... musta weighed 10 pounds. It wasn't better than My Pillow. If you don't like My Pillow, I think you can return it. (Instead of cryin' about it!)
    A friend of mine who's got a tendency to do a lot of product testing got one and swore by it. And he's one of those sleep apnea types. Thought I'd give it a try.
    I got mine at BB&B where they only had like one size and a couple firmness levels.... but, hey - isn't it nice there's a couple levels of firmness to choose from? And that it does breath? and that it's subtly shape-able? And washable? Lightweight? Available on-line AND in some stores?

What's worse than whining about "tone"?
    Whining about My Pillow!

midnight340 and AlterEgo like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.