Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

My new PRS SE Custom.

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by peartcarey, May 1, 2012.

1. Canuckcaster

Canuckcaster Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 12, 2006
    Calgary, Alberta
    That's a gorgeous SE! If it sounds half as good as it looks, I'd probably be hiding one from my wife as we speak.;) Enjoy it and congrats!

CC

2. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    Looks nice. I'm very impressed by the newer SE models.

Enjoy!

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. guitar dan

guitar dan Tele-Afflicted

Nov 19, 2011
    houston
    I've been eyeballing the SE's for a while. Let us what you think of it.

5. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
  6. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    I've owned two SEs. IMO they are the best 600-700 dollar guitars out right now. The 2012 SE Customs are coming with Push/Pull tone controls and the blade switch instead of the toggle. Paul Reed Smith himself has mentioned that the SE line is a priority for his company. Zach Myers from Shinedown is using his SE sig in the Studio and on the Road. Even when I was drumming full time, owning a PRS was something I always wanted to happen. I actually saw a PRS SE for 499 online not to long ago. I love my PRS. Highly recommend playing one if you have a shot.

7. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
  8. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    I should say, One of the best.

9. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    I agree. I have an SE Santana that I purchased when I went to try out a strat. Never could find a strat that I liked. But while I was there, I tried the Santana, and holy crap; it was amazing! I think that with a store credit I had, I got it for like $500 cash or something.

There is nothing about the standard PRSs that is worth 5x the price. The SEs are fabulous guitars!

10. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    Too funny, I was actually looking at SE Santanas last night on eBay. I've never really looked into any PRS guitars, always thought they were overpriced (okay,... I'm a cheapskate!) but these SEs look pretty nice.

If I could swing a Santana for around $500, I'd probably think seriously about it, though.

11. gpasq

gpasq Friend of Leo's

Oct 15, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    GC sells them for right around $700... I had some credit when I got mine, so it was easy to rationalize "I'm only paying $500 for this!" :)

Even at $700, they're grand guitars.

12. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    I bought my SE singlecut during a sale GC had where I got 100 bucks off of 599 and up. So I got it for 499. But, I was picking up my LP that I had the luthier setup for me and happened to see the Custom 24. Because I picked up the extended warranty, my exchange period was extended by 30 days. So I swapped out my Singlecut for the Custom. They matched the 599 price even though it was listed at 660.

13. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    Don't know how you feel about EBay, but I've seen SEs for around 500. I could've swore one was a Santana. I understand what your saying..it was one of the 5 SE models I tried. Great Axe.

14. DoodlySquat

DoodlySquat Tele-Holic

Feb 28, 2012
    Uranus
    Requesting permission from the OP to drool all over the place.

Jk seriously amazing guitar.

15. modestglock26

modestglock26 Tele-Meister

Aug 30, 2009
    Cumming, GA
    My SE Singlecut Trem is the only electric I've been playing recently. Couldn't be happier. My US Les Paul can't touch it on playability. I want a 245 bad...

My SE
    [​IMG]

16. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    NICE SINGLECUT! I have a US LP as well and my PRS has relegated it to its hard case. I completely agree with you. There is something about the SE that screams PLAY ME! It's holds it's own with my Tele in playability. The 245s are great. Would love to have one myself.

17. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    HA! That was my reaction too. :)

18. bullfrogblues

bullfrogblues Friend of Leo's

Jun 5, 2011
    Southeast Florida
    Congrats on the new SE!
    They are great guitars!

19. peartcarey

peartcarey TDPRI Member

Mar 30, 2012
    salt lake city, Utah
    Hey Pondcaster, Hellomusic just posted a SE Santana for 565. It won't last long at that price, but I thought you might like to know. If you haven't seen it for yourself already:)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.