Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My first post

Discussion in 'Welcome Wagon' started by njbaker2, Nov 23, 2018.

1. njbaker2

njbaker2 NEW MEMBER!

Nov 23, 2018
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Hello all,

I just joined this forum and am looking for a wealth of information regarding building a Tele. I have many guitars and have been playing for close to 25 years but only purchased by first Tele around a year ago. It was a beat up Mexican Tele that I found on Ebay (my first Ebay guitar purchase) and I am absolutely amazed by the sound and ease of playing this. It has become my number one over my Les Paul and my SG and Strat. It is amazing how a guitar that I purchased for less than $400 is in my opinion better than all of the other guitars I own. I am now building a Tele that I am trying to make as close to a '50s era Tele as I can and of course want to paint it Butterscotch. Are there any posts regarding a step by step instruction on this procedure?

2. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 20, 2013
    Northeast Ohio, USA
    Painting - not my strong suite.

Welcome.

3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    welcome , there are a number of builders here and these guys know their stuff ( as well as any historical facts) Have frun

there is one thing ......we have a saying ,"no pics and it didnt happen" ( plus we love to see other peoples toys!)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  4. titan uranus

titan uranus Tele-Meister

Sep 22, 2017
    36.395884, -78.710617
  5. FrankJames

FrankJames Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 9, 2008
    Ohio, USA
    Welcome to the forum !!

6. jackinjax

jackinjax Friend of Leo's

Sep 11, 2016
    Jacksonville
    Welcome!
    Under the "Forums" tab at the top you'll find a grouping called "The DIY Channel" , and under that group heading are numerous forums dealing with building/finishing your own guitars and amps. Lots of information!

boris bubbanov likes this.
  7. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Friend of Leo's

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    WELCOME!!!!....if you can access something called "YouTube" in your part of the world, you can probably find a video or two on guitar painting/finishing. Be diligent...you'll find something. ;)

8. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Welcome to the fold! We need pics of your guitar to validate your membership.

SB

Blue J likes this.
  9. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Telefied Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Austin, Tx
  10. Bristlehound

Bristlehound Tele-Afflicted

Jan 4, 2017
    Wales
  11. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK
    Welcome! Great to hear you are building a Tele. I was inspired to do so by these pages and it got a bit out of hand!

Good luck with your build and DO post about it .

12. flatcat

flatcat Tele-Meister

Jan 22, 2016
    Detroit
  13. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    Hi and welcome :)

so you want to build, i think this one might help you out, it's a great pdf booklet form Ron :)

here you go

Have fun !

14. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jun 24, 2006
    Fort Worth,Tx.
  15. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    Your first post, eh? Don’t worry, you’ll build a whole fence line soon enough. Welcome and have fun!

16. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

Our DIY segment is where you'll be spending your time. Which means less practice, so beware!

Very addictive activity, and kinda too bad it is so cold in the winter when many of us have the extra time. It really is an activity that produces better results when the air is both warm and also fairly dry.

17. GGardner

GGardner Tele-Holic

Jun 22, 2017
    NJ
    I once had grand plans to refinish an old guitar. I had a bunch of questions. Whenever I Googled the topics, it brought me back to one forum where people were asking (and answering the same questions). This was many years ago. But I think this was the place:

https://www.reranch.com/reranch/viewforum.php?f=1

P.S. I ended up just sending the body to MJT Telecaster.

18. GreatDaneRock

GreatDaneRock TDPRI Member

Dec 6, 2018
    Central FL
    Welcome aboard, where are the pics of your Tele? this is mandatory to validate your membership, LOL

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.