My first pedal board.

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by 6String69, Apr 18, 2019.

1. 6String69

6String69 TDPRI Member

It is nice having a power source and a clean setup. I was using a Boss ME-70. I tried and returned a few pedals before going all in on a mini-pedal setup. It is running into a supersonic 100. I am loving it. I am considering a mini-rat pedal but am not sure if I really need it. How did I do?

C840B78A-A0ED-4E6B-B56A-E3282B461754.jpeg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Holic

Awesome. Looks like fun. That Voodoo Labs power supply is the biz. Have you played with the sag on your dirt at all?

Play loud!

6String69 likes this.
  3. aerhed

aerhed Friend of Leo's

You done good. You should try these. shopping.jpg

BorderRadio, Bergy and 6String69 like this.
  4. 6String69

6String69 TDPRI Member

I put it together and tried it with my electric guitars for about an hour and was finding some cool tones. Definitely getting some volume loss and compression with the fuzz depending on what channel I was using and what setting I was on.

5. Bergy

Bergy Tele-Meister

Very cool. I agree with aerhed. Ya might wanna try some different cables. I personally don't like them poking out towards my feet. Also, the male-to-male connectors can be problematic too. Something like the patch cables in that picture above might be slick.

6String69 likes this.
  6. 6String69

6String69 TDPRI Member

I will definitely look into it! Great suggestions.

7. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

I use those flat EBS cables exclusively. They are great. Also have you considered putting the power supply under the pedalboard? Then you’ll have room for noise makers....

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
  8. ClashCityTele

ClashCityTele Tele-Meister

Very cool. I moved over to mini pedals a few years ago. I love that Mooer pedal - 'Trelicopter' - ha!

6String69 likes this.
  9. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Holic

Hi.

Looks fine, but I too think you should try with the power strapped to the underside of the board and the patch cables orientated the other way.

Pax/
    Dean

6String69 and muswell_hillbilly like this.
  10. RoyalBaby

RoyalBaby Tele-Afflicted

I couldn't have the patch cables sticking out like that. You can tuck them between the rails. I'd also need a tuner ( assuming this board is going outside the home).
    I'd like to try the mini fuzz.

6String69 likes this.
  11. muswell_hillbilly

muswell_hillbilly Tele-Meister

+1 on the underside mount! I've got the same power supply (awesome btw!) mounted below - opens up all kinds of new space ;)

6String69 likes this.
  12. 6String69

6String69 TDPRI Member

F6749A66-CC34-4037-BDA0-7AA32BED58C9.jpeg

I got some connectors that I think clean it up. I also added a RAT clone. I also connected my looper. I have two more pedals on the way and will try mounting the power supply under the board. I hope it fits with the cables plugged in. Thanks for the suggestions!

13. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Those connectors can put a bit of stress on the input/output jacks of your pedals. I personally don’t like that risk. I use the EBS flat patch cable’s instead - very neat and very reliable. Nice cat btw

Last edited: May 2, 2019
    6String69 likes this.
  14. Bluego1

Bluego1 Tele-Holic

Couple things. Sliberty is correct in that those new connectors you got that don’t have cables can damage your pedals. I think that’s what another dude meant when he said male to males can be problematic (though of course the ones with cables are still male to male). Go back to what you originally had. Those six inch Fender custom shops are nice cables, just orient the loop upward. I’ve got six inchers connecting most of mine (some 12 inchers). Look how I’ve got mine looped upward for example between my sweet baby and vintage od.
    Plus, you should get the power supply off the board and just set it behind. That Pedal Train Metro you have wont allow for undermount. You’d have to get Pedal Train Classic.
    [​IMG]

6String69 likes this.
  15. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Holic

Hi again.

Yes, I too am not so sure about those solid patch connectors. Mind you, I've never seen them in action. If the pedals are well mounted and solid, perhaps they will be fine?

I've also been doing some pedal board action this morning. Mosty concerning my old Boss DM-2 delay and its rubber base. Boss bases don't take velcro so well, so I made up a new base out of 1mm thick aluminium sheet. Discovered too late you don't need the indented bit taken out where the power jack is, despite the Boss case looking that way. Straight across would have been fine.

Here's some gratuitous photos of my board in its current state. For some reason today I can't find a patch cable the right length, so I'm using a 3m straight angle jack guitar cable for the moment to get from the lower left to the upper right side. It's tied up in a loop underneath. That's why the looper is at the top - the jack is in the road at the moment. While always last in the chain, I prefer the looper bottom left for ease of access when making loops. The reason for the large gap between the wah and the chorus/univibe is that I often don't have the wah plugged in, so need the room to get the guitar cable in and out.

Anyway, you should be able to see what I meant by having the patch cables "oriented the other way." What I meant was, under the board. Sorry for not being clear.

PSX_20190502_093906.jpg PSX_20190502_155452.jpg

Pax/
    Dean

6String69 likes this.
  16. wulfenganck

wulfenganck Tele-Holic

That.
    It's not always possible to just step lightly on your pedal, sometimes in the heat of the moment you'll hit it harder.
    If so, the pedal will be slightly twisted, the twist will be transferred directly to the connections. Solid connectors may damage your jacks.
    I also recommend EBS Flats - been using them on all my boards since about 3 years without any problem.

6String69 likes this.
  17. 6String69

6String69 TDPRI Member

It’s growing!

AB347022-4CC1-4C3A-BD58-D25B4050BF84.jpeg

These go into the effects loop:

513E5645-5219-465D-B9EC-BCD0A9EF2A46.jpeg

These go into the input:

B7E8B7B3-5676-492E-A8D8-3152821CAA38.jpeg

Currently, the reverb tank is running through the preamp loop. I am having a blast! Loving the Analogman stuff. I am still playing around with the setup.

Attached Files:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.