Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

My final pedal choices......

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by db3266, Dec 10, 2010.

1. db3266

db3266 Tele-Meister

Oct 11, 2010
    Essex - UK
    .....nearly!! :eek:

So, some of you will have read my previouos threads where I have been asking questions about 'boutique' or 'non-boutique' pedals (thanks for all your great replies). I think I have now finalised by pedal choices......:idea:

I've done more internet searching and youtube viewing that ever before (gearmanndude has had a demo for just about every pedal I have reearched!!). :cool:

Sonic Research ST-200

Keeley Katana (for clean boost)
    Maybe also a Java Boost for more dirt

Fulltone OCD or Suhr Shiba Drive
    the Fulltone seems so have more clarity, less drive and better for blues?

EHX Holy Grail? (or something else?)
    not sure what else to consider on this one? it's not a pedal I would use often so something like a Wampler Faux Reverb seems OTT, I would only use reverb for the odd BB King type clean leads.

MXR Carbon Copy

I know I have banged on about T-Rex, but they are large footprint pedals and I could get all of the above on a PT mini with a Diago power supply.

I'm not sure if I would need a distortion pedal for Led Zep / Cream type stuff? I would have to loose a boost to make room.

Thoughts, comments, additions, deletions, flamings :!:;) all welcome :cool:
  2. Axis29

Axis29 Friend of Leo's

Jan 2, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Led Zeppelin / Cream needs a fuzz....

I personally like the germanium fuzzes and my favorite (that I can afford) is the Keeley Fuzz Head.
  3. cntry666

cntry666 Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2010
    decatur, ga
    God picks except might I make a suggestion. For reverb I'd think about the Boss reverb that came out not too long ago. I feel like the Holy Grail is more of an effect rather than a true reverb. Another option Ive said before is the EHX Holy Stain which has tremolo, 2 reverbs, pitch shift and 2 fuzz sounds all for $100. I really like mine and it saves tons of pedal board space with all those in one.
    For delay I know everyone is buzzing about the carbon copy but for the money the TC Electronics Nova Repeater does so much for not a lot of money. I paid $125 for mine on ebay. It's got analog, tape, reverse and everything. Worth checking out. Otherwise you cannot go wrong with your other pics. Maybe even the dual Fulltone drive pedal.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. vedt

vedt Tele-Holic

Nov 8, 2010
    I would echo cntry666 - the EH Holy Grail is not the best reverb. I've heard they can be quite noisy, even when not used. I'd look into the Boss RV-5, which I use and love.
  6. silentechoes

silentechoes Tele-Meister

+1 on the RV5. I usually don't suggest Boss pedals, but this one is just so good and versatile.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.