Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My days as an imposter are over !

Discussion in 'Twanger Central' started by mkster, May 5, 2016.

1. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    Wow i wasn't aware of the extensive cost of wardrobe , for country playing . I will need to sell a cow .

:)

Best regards

Mark

4pickupguy and still_fiddlin like this.

2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 8, 2010
    Up North
    Country Music always gives me the Blues.
    YEP!!!

3. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Mar 11, 2008
    Boise, Idaho
    Yup, you've got to get yourself a livestock management technician outfit.

mkster likes this.

4. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    That is more then i bargain for , title suit and job !

I will have to make a video in my new outfit , i may look at home somewhere but not here in Montreal .

Best regards

Mark

5. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2006
    Garner, North Carolina
    Man that right hand is showing some serious attitude, and the left almost plays itself. That was so cool. I'm rarely impressed by the DIY clips I hear, but yours in the OP was a knockout. Power and good taste. You don't need a million notes, just the right ones played right. Wish you lived around here.

mkster likes this.

6. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    That is really nice of you to say most people like things but saying so is somehow a sign of weakness .

After spending years on the left hand , learning every technique known to man trying to be good at everything , i realized my right hand could not keep up . I stopped playing many years , after building a few great guitars i decided to give it a go so they say , and reinvented the way i play and limit my self to specific things i like and stay in my box ,first i realized that the most agile and active part of my body was under used to hold a pick . Then i had to find i way to make it sound the way it dose in my head , i usually practice unplugged on my electric , it would work unpluged to some point but once in the amp there was no way to reproduce how it sound unpluged plus i wanted some overdrive it sounded so bad ... bottom of the line american tele and strat could not do it .

My sound and equipment changed to accommodate my playing , guitar wise i built a guitar with the 1 inch thick neck and string trough tele bridge and titanium saddles it brings out the acousticness and note separation needed to play all those simultaneous lines.

I found my old valco for the single purpose it help a lot and Roadhouse pickups gets me here , not to forget countless hours of practice over the last 2 years.

Best regard

Mark

7. Ricky D.

Ricky D. Poster Extraordinaire

Oct 22, 2006
    Garner, North Carolina
    Good choices, and good results.

8. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Ok, nice! Your playing is great. BTW I could send you plenty of Dallas Cowboy hats because nobody from Dallas will wear them anymore...well, at least not in public... Stay with the Fender hat and belt buckle!! The French style turtleneck is as country as anything in Nashville these days so you're good there too, oh, and, if you own a Vespa you will fit right in!!!!....

mkster likes this.

9. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    Thanks for the positive comments , and Vespa really Italian motorized toilet (vespasienne).

Funny !

Best regards

Mark

10. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    I don't know why my thread was moved , it can be argued that its not at the right place but while it was in bad dog cafe it got replies and comments and some people enjoyed the playing at the exact moment the thread was moved it died...

What dose it mean ?

Best regards

Mark

11. Anode100

Anode100 Friend of Leo's

May 9, 2014
    Behind my beard.
    It means that this thread is an imposter...

12. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 4, 2007
    New Jersey
    mkster likes this.

13. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec

14. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    Guys I got the boots . !

The scale i use to play in Open G

Best regards

Mark

15. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Cowboys have the blues too.

mkster likes this.

16. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    I am still a novice at country but i got the blues.

Mark

17. mkster

mkster Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2010
    Montreal Quebec
    Hi guys here is a update i still work on my country licks and mixing minor and major pentatonic .

Here is my latest video , using my newly completed build . And also i am not familiar with the lingo could someone tell me what the heck style i am playing .

When i started i just wanted to reinvent my self into a open tuning only , it started country blues now i don't know .

Best regards

Marc

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.