Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My child not allowed on field trip today...I let the administration have it!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Junkyard Dog, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Years ago, a parent told me that my program should have a manners class. She wasn't kidding.

drlucky, P Thought and blowtorch like this.

2. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    I have tried to create a safe space for EVERYBODY. Please feel welcome here!

3. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    Better that than letting TV raise them! :eek:

4. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    When are you having the padding installed on the walls? :D

Junkyard Dog likes this.

5. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    california
    Uncalled for response

bender66, blowtorch and Junkyard Dog like this.

6. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Did you just start reading this thread, then hit reply before you made it any further? hahahaha.

Happens to us all, my friend.

nvilletele likes this.

7. Solrac Kai

Solrac Kai Tele-Meister

Dec 14, 2011
    california
    You are correct, I still stand by my post. The Op was pissed and lashed out, and then made what I consider a weak attempt at an apology, in general sense to everyone when it should have been made directly to the person he offended.
    I also think the Op missed out on a great teaching experience for his kid. The world is not fair, and stuff happens, learn to deal with it and move on. Instead the kid learned that if stuff happens that isn’t fair, someone else will take care of it. The kid is weaker for it.
    Just voicing my opinion. I’m sure the Op won’t agree with me and his posts came off to that because he did all the volunteer work for the school that gave them some sort of entitlements. Perhaps, and maybe that is another way to view life and go through it. I just don’t think that is a good way to show kids how to develop their self esteem

notmyusualuserid and blowtorch like this.

8. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

It's like this thread has exposed some hidden divide running through society.

9. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Take it easy, dude. You seem to have inferred a lot from my short post, meant clearly as a joke about how and when you posted it. It had nothing to do with the OP's post or your post's substance.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    nvilletele likes this.

10. P Thought

P Thought Poster Extraordinaire

I have always thought that would be better than the feeble "in-school suspension" or lunchtime detentions that the office assigns to kids who get sent there for bad behavior. They should be given a manners handbook, with direct instruction as needed, and be sent back to class when they pass the multiple-choice test on classroom manners.

Thanks, man. On behalf of anyone you may have offended, I obliquely accept your indirect apology. And I'm sorry if you've misunderstood my words here.

boy howdy

11. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    I'm curious as to what your position is, that you would feel comfortable falling back on the "old saw" in your original post. If it is some type of custodial/mantainance position, yes it's true staff in other roles often do not understand the fine points of the various systems in a modern school and sometimes cause problems. If is is transportation, there is often conflict of scheduling between schools that can be stressful. Administration? such a comment is very unprofessional (it's unprofessional to publicly disparage your coworkers in any instance..but administration..no) If you are so displeased by your situation that you feel the need to denigrate the intelligence of your coworkers/clients perhaps you should seek another.

12. CK Dexter Haven

CK Dexter Haven Friend of Leo's

Jun 7, 2017
    GCDB
    Excellent used of righteous indignity to push the very agenda you purport to be railing against. BTW if you are so concerned about the forum rules you might revisit the one on "respect" referring to anyones post as "B.S." shows a lack there of. Please clean up after your white charger as you leave.

13. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 9, 2008
    Detroit

Said tongue-in-cheek ?

Because that divide hasn't been hidden for awhile.

In fact, increasingly, the cockroaches have been coming out into the light thinking they're safe.

All we can do is shine and lace up our pointiest shoes and send them them scurrying back to the dark.

Vigilance ! (Wakanda salute)

14. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX

15. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Perhaps that handbook should just be given to parents on the birth of their first child.

P Thought and Wally like this.

16. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Holic

Feb 9, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    I seem to have wandered into Facebook. Anyone see TDPRI around here?

17. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Maybe the parents should be given training before they have children???? As far as I can tell, that would entail going back at least two generations, right?? As the old farm saying goes....the horse is out of the gate. Welcome to your world....ime, good parenting is a rare thing. There are very, very few young people...or their parents.....who know how to say yessir, no ma’am, thank you, you are welcome, etc.

1955, Chick-N-Picker and haggardfan1 like this.

18. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    My wife and I went out to our favourite diner last night, and at a nearby table was a group of four young girls and a couple of adults. The girls were all around ten years old. They were very excited, perhaps coming from soccer or something, but when the server came to take their order, they quietened right down and each gave their order calmly, and said please and thank-you. They were very sweet.

Perhaps that was a rare thing, but I don't think kids today are any worse than they were 20 years ago when I started teaching. There have always been rude kids, messy kids, and disrespectful kids, but there have always been good ones, even today. I have some very nice kids in my school right now, young people that are respectful, engaged in their community, and caring about others. And I teach in an alternative school, for students who have been withdrawn from other schools. You'd expect my students to be among the worst, but they're mostly quite good kids who just couldn't succeed in mainstream school.

As for "yessir" and no "ma'am," I don't think anyone who isn't working behind a counter uses those terms anymore.

bender66, drlucky, imwjl and 5 others like this.

19. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    No cowboy boot is pointy enough unless it can squash a cockroach in a corner

20. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

Tovarishch, you have found Facebook, nyet?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.