Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My child not allowed on field trip today...I let the administration have it!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Junkyard Dog, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Wow, this page 11 is becoming the kumbaya page. I like seeing my family kiss and make up. Congrats to all.

Toto'sDad likes this.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    except that it's page 12, and I've received no apology from the person who denigrated my mother. Nor do I expect any

Tele1966 and Chick-N-Picker like this.

3. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    I might be. :D

Toto'sDad likes this.

4. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    No, they aren't. ;)

Toto'sDad likes this.

5. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Especially in a disrespectful way as the OP did it. Two or three buddies joking around is a little different, but everybody knows how to keep his tone light hearted. At least that's how it is where I'm from.

Tele1966, Toto'sDad and blowtorch like this.

6. Chick-N-Picker

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I agree. He could at least come back and say sorry he didn't mean it in a bad way (even if he did) and that he was just joking (even if he wasn't). You being the easy going, understanding dude you are. You'd accept it with a cool phrase and go on. Those cool phrases could include, but not limited to.
    1. No worries man.
    2. It's fine as wine.
    Or my personal favorite
    3. I know it's only rock-n-roll but I like it, like it, yes I do.

Apparently he meant it exactly how it reads.

blowtorch likes this.

7. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:

8. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    So no one is left out and there are no further mix-ups (haven't there been enough??!), to EVERY SINGLE PERSON who finds me offensive, please accept my sincere apologies!!

9. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    To EVERY SINGLE PERSON with more mouth than manners, it's no big thing. We've learned to accept your narcissistic ways as just how things are, now

Last edited: May 16, 2018

10. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    I'll take that as a yes!

11. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco

12. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    This turned into quite an admonish the frustrated OP thread!
    Your ending remark here might have sufficed, but it didn't work out that way.

My sense was that JD the OP volunteers at the school, chaperones on school field trips, sends his kid on all the field trips, thus is well known by and on a first name basis with the teachers and chaperone volunteers.
    So when his kid got bumped off the end of year trip, maybe it is indeed odd that nobody bothered to ask or call.

We could assume that the kid trying to get on the field trip bus even insisted he had gotten the slip signed and was ready to go, thus obviating a situation that might merit a quick phone call.

To one of the field trip volunteers.
    By one of the field trip volunteers.

Or maybe there are no longer such things as communities where folks we know are folks we know?

13. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 13, 2013
    Initech, Inc.
    That's not the least bit cool. Someone on this thread did wind up earning themselves a permanent vacation, perhaps they never got their chance?

14. Chick-N-Picker

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    Great point. I honestly hadn't thought of. On field trip day everybody is getting ready to leave and the kid, who brought back the slip just sat there and didn't say a word. That would be very odd.

If the kid did tell them he did bring it back to homeroom, as they were told and @Junkyard Dog, being the involved parent he is, wasn't contacted is also sort of odd.

This turned out to be a bizarre story but in the end Junkyard, in my opinion turned out to be on the right side, except maybe the facebook thing. But that's his decision and I'm not going to sit back and judge the guy like I'm perfect either. Not saying you are doing that, by the way.

And he just apologized a couple post back for some things so, in my book he's at least an ok guy. ;)

telemnemonics likes this.

15. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    That is correct.

My child is not one to speak out to adults/authority. Never has been. Probably did not here (don't know for sure). That did not work out for him/her/etc in this instance.

16. Chick-N-Picker

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    A lot of people may not understand the last part you posted. Thinking, no way a child would sit and not ask why they couldn't go and let the teacher know they had brought it back to theor homeroom teacher as instructed.

But I can believe ut 100%. I have 3 nephews. One in 4th, 3rd and 1st. The one in 3rd didn't really start talking at school until this year and the one in 4th (10 years old) has never spoken a word at school, EVER.

Not to a teacher, not to a kid, not to anyone. NOT ONE SINGLE WORD. The school use to contact my sister fpr the first 2-3 grades and set appointments with therapist. Didn't help at all.

My sister used to try the scare him approach: if you don't talk they will come take you. The nice approach: if you talk we'll give ice cream. She's tried everything. At this point everyone seems to have given up he will ever talk at school or in public.

She's a good parent and has taken him to outside therapist. So far, no luck. He has other symptoms too. The very last therapist diagnosed him with ODD (oppositional defiant disorder).

The only people he will speak to is close family and a few exceptions.

Junkyard Dog likes this.

17. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Yep. Personalities are different. My child is the BMOC in many regards with the other kids...always selected captain of one of the teams at recess, etc. But very shy to speak up in confrontation with teachers, adults, etc.

telemnemonics likes this.

18. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Lookit buddy.

I grew up fixing old cars and buying parts in junkyards.
    Them dogs is mean as hell and smelly too.
    If it warnt for being chained to junk cars those mean ol dogs would gladly take a leg or an arm clean off.

There are no apologies for a Junkyard Dog!

Junkyard Dog likes this.

19. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Is it safe for teachers yet in this thread?

I'd like to apologize on behalf of my profession to everyone who ever had a child let down by a teacher. Most of us try hard not to do that.

bender66, Tele1966, Toto'sDad and 8 others like this.

20. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    ever notice how often these days parents expect teachers to actually raise their kids for them?

(not that anyone in this thread would ever do anything like that)

guitarbuilder and kelnet like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.