Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My child not allowed on field trip today...I let the administration have it!!!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Junkyard Dog, May 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chick-N-Picker

Chick-N-Picker Tele-Afflicted

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina

Yeah. That's why I come to this forum, to have the name of my mother degraded. o_O
    This kind of thing has become more the norm, though. People have lost civility. I don't even expect it anymore. Not even here.

Carry on....[/QUOTE]

You did mention you mom, or mama as I say, but you only brought it her up as being a teacher. Nothing sarcastic or anything. The OP took it there.

He may have meant it as a joke. It's hard to tell when not in person. It reads as disresprctful to me so, for now I'm your side. If he meant it as a joke he should have put a smiley. I'm telling you that really helps things read better. :)

And for future reference any time I mention your mom it's all in fun and just a non-malicious joke. ;)

bender66 and Solrac Kai like this.

2. drf64

drf64 Friend of Leo's

Jul 24, 2009
    Ada, MI
    You know Father's day is coming up soon. Just sayin.

haggardfan1 likes this.

3. Junkyard Dog

Junkyard Dog Tele-Holic

Mar 7, 2016
    USA
    Was also surprised to hear her say that was SOP, as well as the part that she would drive my child there herself in a personally owned vehicle.

4. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    It hurts like trying to pee with a bladder infection to not be able to post my response...

5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    go ahead, wt. apparently anything goes, in this thread

6. Chick-N-Picker

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    You should go read my thread "To those who were there" if you haven't. It's about 64-72 and we get into some great topics and discuss a lot. We never get malicious or insult (too much). It may have been a few but no members worth mentioning.

Me, @Obsessed , @BigDaddyLH, @telemnemonics @william tele , and maybe a few others discuss enviromentalism, with an emphasis on DDT, and not once did it become uncivil or disrespectful.

It's a thread full of great topics like that but stays within rules, in my opinion, and stays very respectful. It's my favorite thread.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    Obsessed likes this.

7. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    This is largely untrue and would have been better left unsaid.

8. Chick-N-Picker

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I just went back and checked my 60's thread and it has 15 pages. This is fast approaching. Are we really going to let this one catch it?

9. Chick-N-Picker

Apr 26, 2015
    North Carolina
    I don't think I ever remember meeting a teacher and just thinking to myself...man, this teacher is stupid. :)

I'm sure there has to be some somewhere. I'm just saying I've never met one.

There was two teachers I had in high school. They were AP US/European history and the other AP calculus. So they were more like professors. And things from the history teacher has really stuck with me.

PS: I'm the only student in the history of my school to take AP US and AP European history at the same time. Made an A+ in both. :D

PSS: The name of the above emoji was my history teachers name.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
    t guitar floyd and haggardfan1 like this.

10. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    BT, I'm not sure what you meant in posting my response, I sincerely thought I was defending both your mother and you in my post. Perhaps you did not take it that way, but it was nonetheless my intent.

blowtorch and haggardfan1 like this.

11. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    I'm hope I am wrong and your experience has been different.
    I said that there were exceptions. I deal with this every day.

12. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    I was happy to do it for you. You and Blowtorch have been here longer than I.

william tele and Toto'sDad like this.

13. RodeoTex

RodeoTex Poster Extraordinaire

Sep 14, 2005
    Nueces Strip
    Sorry Will.Just stating my observations. I'm there every day.
    Sorry Hag. I won't post. Just my experience.

14. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    :oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

15. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    TD nope we are cool, I was just trying to illustrate to our buddy william-tele that perfectly sensible members such as yourself had taken offense to my mother being trash-talked, and it wasn't just me being overly-sensitive over her name being dragged through the mud on the day after Mother's Day.

bender66 and Toto'sDad like this.

16. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Oh, okay now I see. I thought you were, ah, actually going.....:eek::eek::D:D

17. Toto'sDad

Jun 21, 2011
    Bakersfield
    Gotcha. I'm pretty much old school when it comes to that kind of stuff. A man's wife, mother, and kids are pretty much off limits where I'm concerned.

18. Blrfl

Blrfl TDPRI Member

May 3, 2018
    Northern Virginia
    Forget Father's Day. They're the ones who will be picking your retirement home.

--Mark

drf64 likes this.

19. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    It's unfortunate that is considered old-school. It ought to just be the way it was, is, and will be. But such codes of consideration are largely a thing of the past, sadly, and the "new-normal" is to just be caustic and self-promoting in all circumstances.

Jimmy Owen and Toto'sDad like this.

20. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    Certain uncertainty
    Are schools emailing these things out and if so would you be able to print, sight it, snap a pic from your phone, then email it back to admin.?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.