Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My Chemical Romance - Welcome To The Black Parade

Discussion in 'Music to Your Ears' started by Brad Pittiful, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:39 PM.

1. Brad Pittiful

Brad Pittiful Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    dont know much about this band or their music...but i do like this song

2. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    Great band. The whole album “the black parade” is super rad.

3. fendertx

fendertx Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    My Daughter loves MCR and it has rubbed off on me, there is so much going on in their music.
    I used to play it in the car when she was with me for her benefit. It is still in my playlists and I enjoy it alone.
    Great vocal harmonies and tasty guitar flourishes!

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    JayFreddy, BorderRadio and emisilly like this.
  4. Kingslayer

Kingslayer TDPRI Member

Feb 9, 2018
    Virginia
    Check out the vampires will never hurt you from them. Its my favorite from them. Guitar work is on point!

emisilly likes this.
  5. Billnchristy

Billnchristy Tele-Afflicted

Sep 21, 2017
    Georgia
    We’ve got a couple of their records, overall pretty good stuff. My daughter has got me into them, muse and death cab for cutie.

emisilly likes this.
  6. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    cool info guys...kids getting dads into "their" music is cool...ill have to checkout more from them...i recently became a big fan of blink 182 from only liking a couple of their songs...it may happen again

emisilly and fendertx like this.
  7. Norris Vulcan

Norris Vulcan Tele-Meister

Great track, really like the solo.

emisilly likes this.
  8. fendertx

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    It's funny you mention Blink 182, I think I go back to Dude Ranch with them.
    The first concert my daughter asked me to take her to was Blink and the light bulb went off for me. My Punk/Ska/hardcore music had so much overlap with her pop punk and emo. We've seen so many cool shows together from all eras and genres it's been a blast. And I no longer feel any shame for liking pop punk.

Danjabellza and emisilly like this.
  9. Asmith

Asmith Friend of Leo's

Nov 27, 2014
    Morley, England
    I used to listen to a lot of their stuff, not so much anymore other than their danger days album and the odd other track.

10. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    i like some...just like all music...some of it appeals to me and some doesnt

11. Dennyf

Dennyf Tele-Afflicted

Feb 9, 2011
    Charlotte, NC
    One of my students wanted to learn this tune, and I was knocked out with how good I thought it was, both composition and performance-wise.

One of the things I miss about teaching is how the kids helped keep me current. They still find the good stuff.

JayFreddy likes this.
  12. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

May 6, 2012
    England
  13. dswo

dswo Tele-Meister

May 1, 2016
    East Carolina
    My students introduced me to the song this fall. Some of the images in that video could make a statue.

14. grandstick

grandstick Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2010
    Virginia, US
    My son introduced me to them when he was little. We would sing along to this album every morning when I took him to school.

(oddly enough, I've never seen the video - Lucas Haas and I were in movie together, many years ago.)

fendertx likes this.
  15. Brad Pittiful

Dec 22, 2008
    Philly Burbs
    cool!...you werent an amish guy were you?

16. omahaaudio

omahaaudio Tele-Afflicted

Mar 21, 2015
    Omaha
    "Welcome To The Black Parade" is, to me, the finest Queen album never recorded by Queen.

fendertx likes this.
  17. fendertx

Nov 12, 2008
    Houston
    Glad I am not the only one who gets the Queen vibe, heavy vibe too.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019 at 11:32 AM
  18. GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks Tele-Afflicted

Sep 25, 2005
    Abbotsford B.C.
    That album was a masterpiece: up there with Queen and Cheap Trick.

"Teenagers" is a super fun song to play.

JayFreddy likes this.
  19. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    Good to see this album (and this band) getting some credit!

I remember being really impressed by it when a student brought it to me to teach them in the summer of 2006.

Specifically, I remember thinking that "someday people will look back at this album from 2006, and reminisce about how music was so much better back then..."

It really is a masterpiece and a touchstone album for a generation. In much the same way we think of Guns and Roses and Bon Jovi as 80s bands, MCR and Green Day will be the hallmark bands for the naughties.

At least that's what I suspect.

At the time it came out, I remember it being like an emotional lightning rod. If I mentioned it to other students, they either loved it or hated it, but there was no middle ground.

It's too bad that the band broke up.

I'm no expert on them either, but count me in as one of the older guys who enjoyed their stuff. Thanks for reminding me...

The girl who brought that song to me was 12. She is now 25, lives with her fiance, and the only reason I know this is because I'm still friends with her father!

He's a textbook example of the chronically cool dad. He's taken some lessons from me too over the years, but he likes the Cramps and Dead Kennedys...

I think good music reminds us of people. That's part of what makes it good.

fendertx likes this.
  20. Danjabellza

Danjabellza Tele-Afflicted

Sep 22, 2014
    Pahrump, nv
    That’s kind of funny. I’ve had he opposite experience with them. Aside from a few tracks on danger days I couldn’t get into that album, whereas I had and listened to all their other albums fairly regularly.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.