Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My Champion 600 mod begins

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by 3fngrs, Nov 3, 2017.

1. 3fngrs

3fngrs Tele-Holic

Oct 30, 2017
    Ohio
    Maybe.

I used to have a Hot Rod Deville 2x12. Kind of wish I still had now that I know what I'm doing.

2. MrHamburger

MrHamburger Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2014
    Portlandia
    I personally don’t like hauling around anything that big. Plus the PJ just has two knobs. After about 9 o’clock on the volume it starts getting really gainy. I have a 212 cab to plug into at the band space but it’s plenty loud on it’s own. I recommend you plug in to one next time you’re at a music store. Usually you can find them used around $250 and they tend to come with upgraded tubes & speakers on the used market. Mine had a wgs speaker already installed & tung sol tubes. I paid more for mine cuz I had to have a purple one. Pink chicken head knobs would’ve looked silly on a tweed.

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Congrats. The changes paid off. Now, I wish I had picked one up already.:oops:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.