Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

My Cat Is in Love with Guitar Case (video)

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Hoodster, Mar 25, 2013.

1. Hoodster

Hoodster Tele-Afflicted

Feb 3, 2007
    Oregon
  2. PennyCentury

PennyCentury Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 16, 2009
    New Hampshire
    That's how cats "own" things. He rubbed his cheeks on the case and marked it with his scent - the case belongs to him now.

(I love cats)

3. Bones

Bones Doctor of Teleocity

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
    yeah, you're going to have to buy another case for yourself.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. emu!

emu! Poster Extraordinaire

Maybe the glue that holds the tolex on is like REALLY rad.

6. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

The was a great ending. Gave me a good laugh. Thanks.

7. ThreePlyGuy

ThreePlyGuy Friend of Leo's

That cat went for smoke.

8. Teletubbi

Teletubbi Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2012
    West
    As mentioned, its all about ownership. Your case has been slimed along with the other 999 possessions you thought were yours. Really you only borrow them from the cat.

My 16yr old cat is like any 16yr old. She eats all the time, wont get a job, makes messes everywhere and bitterly complains about the hand that feeds her.
    Just like me when I was a kid.

9. tazzboy

tazzboy Former Member

May 5, 2005
    Oregon
    What you do sprinkle some Cat Nip on your guitar case?

Yeah when I have my guitar case up one of my cats get into it.

10. Slow Reflexes

Slow Reflexes Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 17, 2007
    Willamette and Columbia
    Cats and plastic. It's a weird thing.

11. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

Actually Fender is going green and making their new cases out of cat nip. They were going to make them out of hemp but they figured musicians would be doing that instead of cats.

12. 1955

1955 Poster Extraordinaire

Apr 10, 2010
    U.S.A
  13. Jamie Black

Jamie Black Friend of Leo's

That's funny, my cat does the same thing with many things around the house including the Christmas tree during the holiday's. My cat also likes to sit on my desk while I'm at the computer and do to my mouse hand what your kitty was doing to your case. Makes surfing the web difficult to say the least.

14. Westerly Sunn

Westerly Sunn Poster Extraordinaire

Jul 28, 2006
    S.E. North Carolina
    My Black Male owns my feet... but he allows me to borrow them to come to work on so that I can buy him more canned cat food. :lol:

15. Soldano ROS

Soldano ROS Tele-Meister

Nov 23, 2006
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa
    Super. Video of the week for sure

16. tpaul

tpaul Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 18, 2003
    Vermont
    Well, that IS a pretty sexy guitar case...

17. rghill

rghill Tele-Afflicted

Oct 16, 2007
    Glendale, AZ
    Our cats love open suitcases. If the suitcase is closed, they will lay on top of it and pull on the zippers. Even when the suitcases are put away, they will find them and lay on them.

18. Larry F

Larry F Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Nov 5, 2006
    Iowa City, IA
    My cat loves drawers and cupboards. In my attic studio, I have 8 built-in drawers. If you pull a drawer halfway out, my cat will jump in, then exit the other side. This puts her into an unconverted part of the attic that we don't want her to get into. She knows the sound of these drawers, so that no matter where she is in the house, or even if she is sleeping, if I open a drawer, she is right there seconds or a minute later. Since she has complete ownership of the house and all its closets and nooks and crannies, sometimes we seem to lose her, and can't find her anywhere. And like calling her name helps. So, I just come up here, open a drawer, and she magically appears.

When we took her home from the shelter a few years ago, we told her in the car, "You won't believe what a great life you're going to have." And she has. She had spent a year in a steel cage at the shelter. We are sure she would be adopted, but returned, as she was a little antsy and took swipes sometimes. Well, this is what I want in a cat, someone who wants to play and cause trouble. She still hits us when we're asleep, but with no claws. She is purring when doing this, and really wants to play.

Your cat is very beautiful and also seems to have it made with you.

19. Mid Life Crisis

Mid Life Crisis Friend of Leo's

Jan 12, 2007
    Cambridge, England
    Unfortunately my cat is going through a difficult stage in his middle age and the other day I found the sod had peed on my Les Paul case. I have to be careful now not to leave guitars lying around in case he does it on them as well.

20. AirBagTester

AirBagTester Friend of Leo's

Nov 7, 2010
    Maryland
    Open the case and you will never get it back. It will either turn into a cat bed or a litter box (sorry Mid Life Crisis!)

21. lewis

lewis Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Colorado
    I do the same thing to my guitar case when a Tele is inside.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.