Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My Brainy Build: R. Stratenstein Introduces The Sir Andrew

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by R. Stratenstein, Aug 11, 2016.

1. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    So what's next Rick? I need my entertainment you know....

2. R. Stratenstein

R. Stratenstein Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Aug 3, 2010
    Loganville, Ga.
    Well, lessee. I got a complete Jaguar in parts, 'cept for the body and the neck, and I got that black Elpee body that James fixed for me that needs a neck, plus pickups wound (got all the parts for that), and all the other parts; while doing a partial straightening up, I found some mahogany I'd forgotten I'd had, and I think it's enough for an LP junior, something I'd like to try, plus I was thinking about hitting you up for some tips on Strat building. I've never done a Strat from scratch, seems like it might be fun. And then there's all that aluminum melting stuff stashed in a corner of the basement waiting for warmer weather. . . . .

Barncaster and RogerC like this.

3. BluesBlooded

BluesBlooded Friend of Leo's

I'm ready to see whatever project you come up with next. I sure would love a money printing machine.

RogerC likes this.

4. RickyRicardo

RickyRicardo Friend of Leo's

Mar 27, 2012
    Calgary, Alberta
    Strats are fun but I'm growing tired of building them. I built one for myself, played it at church and that started the whole ball rolling. I've made 6 of them in the last 2 years all for friends and one I made and donated for a silent auction. Everybody wants one now. I have another to build for a friend. I do like doing the arm and belly contour by hand though. They never seem to be exactly the same. I can't wait for the weather to improve to get back to my Brainy build. You should give it a go.

Barncaster likes this.

5. Mbechmann

Mbechmann Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Grindsted, Denmark
    So build that on a Tele. I have done that on several of mine and that fits even better :)

Barncaster likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.