Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My Blackguard Project

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Rich_W, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Rich_W

Rich_W TDPRI Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Capitol City
    Thought I would share my current Blackgaurd relic project. The body was finished and the neck was re-finished by Billy Rowe of RocknRollRelics.net.

Here's the quick Build List:

Neck: '02 52 American Vintage Reissue I picked up on Ebay.
    Body: Swamp Ash Cut by GuitarMill.com with the "hump" in the pocket, super light at 3 lbs, 8oz. and all straight grain pattern. I also spec'ed a very small edge radius.
    Pickguard: Reliced fiberboard by Billy Rowe
    Hardware: All supplied by Callaham, except for Fender bridge ashtray with Callaham compensated saddles. All hardware and screws have been reliced using muriatic acid by myself.
    Pickups: Lindy Fralin Blues Specials

The guitar is currently being assembled by my friend, Bill Baker, a local North Jersey luthier. I will post pics once I complete to let you guys know how she comes out. Sorry for some bad focus on the pics... but you get the idea.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. edwardjeffrey

edwardjeffrey Tele-Holic

Dec 22, 2006
    san francisco
    Looks great so far!,keep us posted with updates
    old fool

3. Stuco

Stuco Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 27, 2006
    GA
    +1

The relicing on a the neck is a little extreme for me but still a nice guitar in the works.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.