Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My almost-matching Tele & Tele Bass.

Discussion in 'Other T-Types and Partscasters' started by Tim Armstrong, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Tim Armstrong

Tim Armstrong Super Moderator Staff Member Ad Free Member

Mar 5, 2003
    Austin, Texas
    Admin Post
    That's my newest Telecaster on the left, a really sweet partscaster that I inherited when my brother passed away in September, assembled by a friend a few years back. MIM Fender body, Warmoth neck, Fender Custom Shop Nocaster pickups, and yes, Mike put a Fender decal on it (I would have made him a custom decal, but he was funny about brand names). It's a wonderful guitar, and I feel Mike grinning whenever I play it.

On the right is Little Joe, a bass I built several years ago. Guitar Fetish Pawlownia wood body (very light), neck was from fellow TDPRIer Rhomco, pickup is a split P-Bass style pickup from Peter Florance/VooDoo Pickups. Light as a feather, big deep sound, really a sweet bass.[​IMG]

2. john kleeman

john kleeman Tele-Holic

Jun 16, 2010
    Portland, Or.
    Nice set. That tele is in one of my favorite combinations. I always think of Steve Cropper when I see it.

3. troy2003

troy2003 Tele-Afflicted

Mar 30, 2010
    Central Minnesota
    Never thought I'd say this to a guy-but nice pair! Very sweet. Sentimental too.

Obsessed and Lost_N_Austin like this.

4. 4pickupguy

4pickupguy Poster Extraordinaire

May 12, 2013
    Fort Worth, Texas
    I love that bass! Just too cool! I'd love one like that with a J-Bass pup at the bridge at the tele bridge pup angle and a 50's style tele bass pup in the neck slot.

5. JackL

JackL TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

Oct 17, 2004
    Monroeville, PA
    Nice Tele and Bass combo. I was thinking of building a bass similar to yours. I did see the bodies at Guitar Fetish. The prices are low, so that might make for a good starting point.

6. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Yup, that is a very cool set. Love the tele bass look.

7. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Oct 10, 2010
    Twangers Medows USA

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.