my "able to carry "twin

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by Ministeroftwang, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Ministeroftwang

Ministeroftwang TDPRI Member

my very talented son took a vintage music man 212 hd that noone could lift and made a head out of it and got a single 1 cab and a new wheelhouse 12 in it...love it

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  2. bftfender

bftfender Friend of Leo's

its the way to go..i haven't had to lift in years..head on 4x12 cab..wheel to CX9, put head in,tilt cab into back..all leverage,,also no sound just blowing by my ankles...

3. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's

Been using heads and lightweight pine cabs for years....only way to go in my book.

4. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Congrats....
    I had an interesting conversation with a young fellow who was interested in a Rivera Knucklehead K100 Head. I was showing him a little 2x10 combo I built up with a Po Sonic combo cab and a 1964 Dual Howman chassis...fit like a glove..
    And the combo was better suited for his intended purposes. He didn’t even want to hear the combo...he looked at it and said somehting like...’that will be heavy!’. I told him what it weighed....but that did not impress him later, I weighed the knucklehead.....44 pounds. What did the combo weigh???? 46 pounds. LOL.....he was weighing with his eyes the way some people listen to logos.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  5. Axis29

Axis29 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

I popped neo speakers into my tweed Twin. I had just finished building an unintentionally lightweight pine cabinet for it. It now weighs 46 lbs. That's almost two watts per pound. A formula I can deal with.

I contemplated head and cab... Had a Bassman 50, used a 2x10 cabinet with it for a while and like the portability of that. But, in the end, I wanted it to 'look correct'.

I have a Bassman Reissue that I want to rehouse. I decided I am going to look for the lightest pine boards I can find to try and make it an easy grab and go amp as well :). I decided the goal of it will be as light as I can possibly make it, but still building it 'correctly'.

Wally likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.