Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My '82 Super Champ just gained a bit of weight!

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by ScottJPatrick, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    Dacious, Fender used the Super Champ moniker to give a boost to the hybrid Super ChampXC with the digital stuff going on. Those amps have littlein common with the Rivera Super Champ...other than they do have 2 x 6V6 output sections. The Rivera era Super Champ is an all tube circuit...a hot-rod Princeton Reverb. The amp is a basic BF circuit with a midrange boost and a high gain mode that robs the reverb driver to use for extra gain. The Rivera-era Fenders...Champ II, Super Champ, Princeton Reverb II....which is not based on a Princeton Reverb I. That it uses a long tail pair PI, Deluxe Reverb II, Concert, and Twin Reverb II....amps are also handwired. They were the last regular production Fenders that were handwired.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  2. Wally

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    My apologies...Clubster. All else I wrote is accurate. It is not an all-tube amp.

EVI....this is the OEM version of the EV Force speaker. The Force is the aftermarket moniker....labelled as such.
    The EVI, as seen in Scott’s amp, does not have the ‘Force’ labeling.

3. Dacious

Dacious Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    Godzone
    Ah, the one I'm thinking of is the SC 25, 90s. The one that came as an SE.

4. Wally

Mar 17, 2003
    Lubbock, TX
    There was a Champ 25....no ‘super’to it...different amp altogether. PCB...Tube amp.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.