Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

My 1965 Tele arrived. I am concerned

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Ooba Tooba, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Major Gruber

Major Gruber Tele-Afflicted

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France

Mm, you skipped a part, "then you'll be truly famous and can afford any vintage guitar. You offer yourself a collection of the most amazings instruments and realize that money at least is worth something if you can get to such sweet fruits from life, so you completely forget to take drugs and by the way, don't even think of going on forums where people discuss why supply and demand sets prices they can't afford for old pieces of wood which they completely ignore the magic." or something like this ;)

Antoon likes this.

2. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    Don't buy vintage guitars so you can buy vintage guitars. I like that reasoning.

Major Gruber and jazzmaster90150 like this.

3. Major Gruber

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France
    Uh uh. Anyway, discussions about buying or not vintage guitars are pointless. The only thing is love vintage guitars or not. If you love them, you'll find a way to buy some sooner or later. The big mystery is… when you don't love them, why do you take time reasoning about buying them or not?

Danman likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Holic

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    Because it's 4:30 in the morning.

Ira7 likes this.

6. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Why do you take time reasoning why other people shouldn't take time reasoning whether to buy them or not?

Seriously, dude:

People are here to discuss these things. Your permission isn't required.

Sjnoring likes this.

7. Major Gruber

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France

By the way, I'm discussing, and if you're too, answer my question :)

8. Major Gruber

Feb 24, 2012
    Colombes France
    Actually, this pre 74 forum is designed for those who are interested by vintage, should we discuss if it should exist or not? The fact is that this discussion about why buying vintage is the topic of several threads and comes back again often, showing the same arguments again and again, so in the end I try to ask the core question about the whole thing, on this forum designed for those who like them, and dude, your permission isn't required either to ask this question in the discussion. And read it again, I don't say anyone shouldn't be reasoning, I'm asking why, I'm curious to read answers, because it remains a mystery for me. If the discussion is motivated by financial investments, I'm not interested, it's obviously a risk and if we add the investment for futur medical care as I've read one or two times, I understand it makes this kind of discussion very serious and I think it's very sad, for me, living in a country where fraternity is in the constitution and health is a right, and where you don't have a cent to spend for incredibly expensive medical treatments, I can stay light hearted about my expensive cherrished old guitar and remember I wanted to find them at any price because I love nothing else than old wood and that has obviously been the one and only reason to buy them for me. And I don't pretend to be right, just happy ;)

9. DaphneBlue

DaphneBlue TDPRI Member

Jul 22, 2017
    Switzerland

10. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    Here's a tip for you:

Paragraph breaks.

They're not hard. I swear.

Major Gruber likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.