Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

My 1965 Tele arrived. I am concerned

Discussion in 'Vintage Tele Discussion Forum (pre-1974)' started by Ooba Tooba, Jul 11, 2017.

1. theprofessor

theprofessor Tele-Afflicted

Aug 8, 2016
    Chattanooga, TN
    Cool! Thanks very much. I like the looks of it, and that it can fit either Tele or Strat. It appears to be what Amazon.com labels as the "Fender Deluxe Molded Strat/Tele Case." Maybe I'll start saving up my Amazon points for one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MTSVO2U/_encoding=UTF8?coliid=I15I45GFK296EU&colid=1FOI32R12PMCD

Ooba Tooba likes this.

2. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Tele-Holic

Feb 3, 2017
    Foat Wuth, Texas
    I was going to say....there's just something funny about that logo decal....can't quite put my finger on it......but I guess if it sounds and feels good, you might as well keep it.

Ira7 likes this.

3. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    All cases that fit Tele's fit Strat's, and vice versa.

Even the cheap ones.

rebelwoclue likes this.

4. Gdolly

Gdolly Tele-Meister

May 9, 2017
    NC
    Beautiful guitar! Don't change a thing

5. MilwMark

MilwMark Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Apr 29, 2013
    near Arnold's

6. SecretSquirrel

SecretSquirrel Tele-Holic

Jul 2, 2015
    PNW USA
    Great story, thanks for sharing it! with a happy ending even...enjoy your new beauty. :)

Ooba Tooba likes this.

7. vanguard

vanguard Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2007
    Charleston, SC
    Body was majorly routed at some point, and then filled in—a mod that essentially kills the vintage value of the body, if the OG finish is gone too. Neck looks legit to me, but decal is likely repro. Impossible to ID body as authentic without getting that paint off to looks for dowel plugs, etc. All hardware except knobs looks repro, especially the bridge and saddles. if the body is authentic, in its fairly butched state, I'd say it's worth ~$600. If the neck is authentic, again in its rather butched state, I'd say ~$1500.

tonyj likes this.

8. Traitor Joe

Traitor Joe TDPRI Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Riverside, CA

9. G-52

G-52 TDPRI Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Denver, Co
    IMG_0103.JPG Beautiful guitar! (First time poster:))

Ooba Tooba likes this.

10. Slim Chance

Slim Chance Tele-Holic

Mar 1, 2011
    Beltway, USA
    Surely a unique guitar. If you really want the mystic sea foam body, you might be able to get one from Stratosphere. I do not need or even want another guitar, but if Fender released an nice plain sea foam, I'd be selling something.

11. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    First time poster? Welcome to the madness! Start a thread and introduce yourself. What kinds of guitars do you play? Show us some pics. Buy a round for all of us. I don't drink but I'll take a Pepsi We are all glad you're here. I hope you enjoy yourself.

G-52 likes this.

12. Ooba Tooba

Ooba Tooba Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2017
    Toledo Ohio USA
    That looks familiar! The color is really growing on me. It's really a beautiful guitar. Sometimes I just open the case and look at it. Looks like a '55 Chevy:cool:

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

13. Rasher

Rasher Tele-Meister

Jan 4, 2008
    Brighton - England
    Come to England. You'll pay nearly all that for a CBS late 70s. Good price? Send it here.

14. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    My perspective is that no guitar is worth $3000.

Of course others have other perspectives

Sjnoring likes this.

15. Sjnoring

Sjnoring Tele-Afflicted

Jan 26, 2017
    USA
    If I saw guitars as investments I'd sink three large into an old guitar (yes, old, that's what vintage means, an old piece of mass produced wood) in the hope of selling it for a profit. I think this whole vintage craze is ridiculous, but nothing wrong with it if it gets you excited or rich. But I see guitars as, you know, these contraptions you can make cool noises with. And you can make very cool noises for way less than $3000. For $3000 you can get a nice guitar and make a down payment on a car. Then having a new car you'll get to gigs reliably. Then you'll develop a reputation as a reliable musician, and there aren't many of those, so you'll get better and better paying gigs and start getting calls for studio sessions. Next thing you know you'll be on the cover of Guitar Player and Fender will be calling with an endorsement deal. Now you'll be truly famous, touring in a jet and tearing out hotel walls. You'll get addicted to heroin and blow and OD and almost die, and then you'll admit you're powerless over drugs and pull yourself back up and be in a new place of spiritual peace and start bringing others out of the darkness, and when the years of abuse finally catch up with you you'll die content and happy.

All because you didn't sink $3000 into a guitar.

16. Lake Placid Blue

Lake Placid Blue Friend of Leo's

Sep 24, 2016
    California
    I'd better come up with $3000 for a guitar as quick as I can. I don't want to get addicted to drugs.

KelvinS1965 and Ira7 like this.

17. Tedzo

Tedzo TDPRI Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Georgetown, Ca

They make some really good decaf now, you might want to check it out.

Lake Placid Blue likes this.

18. Ira7

Ira7 Poster Extraordinaire

Jan 8, 2008
    Coral Springs, FL
    I like the way you think.

I usually annoy people for thinking the same way.

19. Ooba Tooba

Ooba Tooba Tele-Meister

Jul 10, 2017
    Toledo Ohio USA
    The guitar in this topic sold 2 days after I started this thread. One of you guys?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.