Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang v2 new amp models and effects?

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by TeleShredder, Apr 12, 2013.

1. TeleShredder

TeleShredder Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2012
    canada
    I was wondering what the 5 new amp models and 5 new effects are on the mustang V2 and what they model. I also heard the existing amp models sound better and more (tube like). I'm trying to figure out if I'm going to upgrade to the V2 or get another guitar next month on my birthday

2. burnsbert

burnsbert Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2009
    Cary, NC
    New amp models are:
    * clean pre-amp
    * Fender '57 Twin
    * '60's Thrift (SilverTone)
    * British Watts (HiWatts)
    * British Colour (Orange)

Clean is clean. The other four are excellent, especially the Twin and Orange models.

Not sure which of the effects are new, but one of them is a tube screamer model that is surprisingly good.

I haven't used the v1 so I can't compare, but some of the best amp models are the new ones.

3. TeleShredder

TeleShredder Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2012
    canada
    the orange model is making me want it alone

4. burnsbert

burnsbert Tele-Meister

Dec 20, 2009
    Cary, NC
    I'm not exactly Mr. Orange and don't have any experience with actual Orange tube amps, but the Orange model sounds fantastic to my ears.

0:37 to hear a very short sound clip of it. Not much to go on but better than nothing :) Having actually used that amp model on my amp, it's awesome.

5. hotpepper

hotpepper Tele-Meister

Mar 14, 2013
    no. il.
    I've got the m3 v1 and after I figured it out I retired the fender twin. I haven't heard the v2 yet but my back is happy and the m3 is plenty loud. I guess I really didn't say nothing. Oh well, peace.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.