Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang preset-my take on Dumble tone

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by blowtorch, Feb 5, 2015.

1. raysachs

raysachs Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

May 21, 2017
    Near Philly
    I've never come close to playing a Dumble and have only heard them on recordings (where about a million other things are influencing the sound as well), but I have a Vox Adio (and had the VT40X before) and my favorite sounds on these amps are the Dumble emulations, both clean and overdriven versions - they give each channel it's own model. I don't know if it's even slightly close to an actual Dumble sound - I just know I like it a lot. I also like some of their Marshall sounds, AC30 sounds (obviously for a Vox modeler I guess), baseman sounds, and one screaming mess of an Orange high-gain sound, but I keep coming back to the Dumbles. The Dumble clean channel is overwhelmingly my most used option on that thing. When I get into the crunch and gain territory I love a few models for varying levels of crunch and higher gain. But for cleans I live in that Dumble clean channel with a bit of reverb. Can play that all day.

I tried a Mustang before I knew what a Dumble was to try that downloadable preset. I also tried a GT40 recently and did download a Dumble preset - don't know if it was yours or not. Didn't like it as much as the Vox version, but I was having a bugger of a time getting along with the GT40 to begin with, so my impressions were most likely colored by my overall frustration...

-Ray

Lambieka likes this.

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Ray, cool. There are lots of different user-created "Dumble" presets out there on Fuse- some are more accurate than others.

Lambieka likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.