Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang owners, try this

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by fender4life, Aug 16, 2014.

1. Telepathist

Telepathist Tele-Afflicted

Nov 19, 2013
    Oregon
    I found a new use for my Mustang:

Set my Mustang III v1 to very clean >

Plug my Voicelive Play GTX into the Mustang's effects loop (Return) >

Set the VLP GTX to desired voice and guitar effects >

Play and "sing" using the Mustang as a PA.

Sounds great!:)

( ''""-.-"""-.
    !!!!=I===I=======(==) :
    ( ,,,,-..___.'

2. dolfer

dolfer TDPRI Member

Great playing! I'll create two versions using the original and one with your mods.

BTW... I believe the Green Stompbox is supposed to be the Mustang's version of a Tube Screamer. Many of the effects are "code named" something similar to the famous effect they are trying to emulate.

Shane compared them...

3. Telepathist

Telepathist Tele-Afflicted

Nov 19, 2013
    Oregon
    I tend to like the tone of the Mustang better than whatever fancy gear Shane compares it to.

( ''""-.-"""-.
    !!!!=I===I=======(==) :
    ( ,,,,-..___.'

4. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder
    I have a funny feeling - so does Shane! Much to his surprise and amusement too I can imagine. I mean this guy has access to so much upper end amps and gear but you get the impression that he just loves the Mustang… not just because of the way it sounds, but also because it's so affordable and likeable in its own unique way.

5. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    I've owned a lot of this so called fancy gear and i prefer the mustang to all of it. Crazy to thing such a thing, but with digital technology, If you can make it work right it can be sold dirt cheap. You're paying for pennies worth of materials, and most of the money goes to pay off tooling, R&D and profits rather than expensive transformers, tubes, etc. I just never thought they'd crack the formula in my lifetime. In fact, thats my one regret....they did it much too close to the end of mine ! I spent all those years in bars with tube amps that cost me a fortune in tubes and initial cost, weighed a ton, and had one sound and no effects or tuners built in. Man what i wouldn't give to go back and start over with the mustang ! The kicker is my guitars never sounded so different from each other with the mustang, one of the marks of a great sounding amp IMO.

6. nick0

nick0 Tele-Meister

Feb 2, 2015
    South Wales, UK
    Nice tones happening there, thanks for sharing.

7. GuitarJonz

GuitarJonz Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 16, 2003
    MA

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.