Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang owners, try this

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by fender4life, Aug 16, 2014.

1. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Cool, glad to help. I also like hearing what others think just out of curiosity. When you say you had little problem approximating them on the floor, is the floor somehow different than the amp?

2. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Yeah, the floor has more limitiations, it's like a MII or a v1 or something. I dunno exactly. But yea there are a couple less amp models and a couple less stomp models on the floor. For example, on the Floor, there was no 57 Twin to base your Tweed preset off from, so I used I think a 65 Twin instead, Also there is no Green Driver or whatever, just OD...

3. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Ahhh, well then with the 65 twin/greenbox it's a very different sound. So no 57 and greenbox means your floor must be a V1. Those are 2 of the things the V1 doesn't have.

4. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    Actually you'd be amazed at how close I got the patches on my floor to sounding the same as your presets that I loaded onto my MIII. I made a couple adjustments to compensate for some differences, and they are virtually indistinguishable.

5. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Thats odd. I can't get anything like that from the 65 twin. It doesn't have a midrange thats anything like it. Maybe the V1 65 twin is different than in the V2.

6. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    fender4life, if you're interested I could put it up in fuse sometime. (dunno if a higher version can load a lower version preset?) I can't imagine that they are different, v1 65 to v2 65. but then again I am not positive that it's the 65 either, that was just a guess

7. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    No need, I'll take your word since you have a MIII to compare. Just seems odd from my experience with the MIII tweed vs BF.

8. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    that bassman + od really is pretty sweet, too

9. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Thats become my go to patch.

10. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    I'm interested! If you upload to FUSE, please post a link. Thanks!

11. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    pondcaster OK. It will probably be a few days before I get a chance to, though...

12. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    No worries, I appreciate the effort!

I'll check back... always looking for new v1 presets to try.

Rock on.

13. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder
    You can load a v1 preset into a v2 Mustang III (and visa versa), but it won't sound the same. I recall when I had the v1 - I tried one of Shane's InTheBlues presets and wondered what the fuss was about. When I got my v2, I downloaded the same preset again and it made a world of difference. Btw, if the v1 amp doesn't have the effects or amp sim that a v2 patch was made with… the v1 amp will select the nearest substitute available. So it might need a bit of tweaking, but just be aware that you may not be hearing what the v2 author intended the patch to sound like.

I'm not saying you can't make great presents with the v1… it's a very nice amp and I enjoyed it very much, while I had it. But the translation between the two doesn't seem to be identical. t think the v2 amp runs a different firmware even though the architecture is similar enough for both amps to cross-load presets.

I didn't load another version of FUSE software on my laptop - so I think the same Fuse software can sync with both v1 and v2 amps (and other Fender amps too with the same interface).

When you're browsing the Fuse community listing, make sure you keep an eye out if the preset was created in a v1 or a v2, on the righthand side of the chart. Select the appropriate patches to get the most out of these contributed selections.

14. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    It'd be nice if Fender just provided an update to make everything v2. I bet it'd be pretty easily doable

15. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles

Theres a lot of things they could to to be nice, but they'd rather be rich.:D

But on a serious note, personally i have no problem having to buy a new mustang when they up the ante now and then. They're so cheap and you get so much for your money that it's one of the few if not only pieces of gear i feel that way about. When the V3 comes out i'll be all over it unless the review suggest there are no worthwhile improvements.

16. 9fingers

9fingers Tele-Meister

Nov 11, 2012
    WV
    Very curious what you came up with on the Floor. Could you just list the basic amp & OD settings at some point?
    Thanks!

17. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    OK, sitting here with my Floor in my lap...
    V1 Tweed:

65 Twin Reverb, gain and vol cranked, treble 7, mid 5, bass 4 . Stomp- overdrive level 6.2, gain 9.2 low 6.1, mid 1.0 high 10

V1 Bassman + OD:

59 Bassman gain and vol cranked, treble 8, mid 5, bass 4.7, Stomp-overdrive level 5.4, gain 7.1, low 6.5, mid 5.5, high 7.1

I run delay on both of these, which affects the tone, also. At some point I'm gonna get some of the presets I like best loaded to FUSE, these will be included with credit to fender4life

18. fender4life

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    Thanks, but thats not necassary. You tweaked them so at that point they are no longer mine anymore than a fender patch you tweak is fender's.

19. 9fingers

9fingers Tele-Meister

Nov 11, 2012
    WV
    Thanks a bunch!
    Edit- Are you using single coils or humbuckers with these? How are you setting Sag & Bias?

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014

20. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    So far I've only used a tele with these presets.

Sorry, I don't recall the sag and bias (I'm currently away from my gear).
    At some point I intend to get these into Fuse, along with some others, that people may find helpful.

I have a rockabilly preset that to me is better than anything else I've heard out there, including the factory one

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.