Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang III

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ce24, Feb 28, 2013.

1. TeleShredder

TeleShredder Tele-Meister

Jul 28, 2012
    canada
    love the amp

i got the mustang III V.1 with both footswitches i like to set the 2-button switch to QA1(distortion) and QA2(clean) while i use the 4-button footswitch to toggle on and off my effects

even tho i dont hear this fizz on my amp i can't wait to get the V.2 for the added effects and amps

another good thing about the mustang amps i really like is being able to download other fender fuse users presets off the fender site

heres mine : https://fuse.fender.com/mustang/presets?author=corpseknot

its mostly metal stuff but alot of it would be good for a higher gain lead sounds to

2. LGWonder

LGWonder Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2013
    london
    Ha ha, the 4 button foot switch has 'Poo' written on it in big red letters - tee hee...

3. donroeber

donroeber TDPRI Member

Dec 29, 2012
    Philadelphia
    Very much a newbie question: I have a Mustang III amp that I use with my Tele. My wife is in a band, and they're asking her to learn the bass guitar. She has a bass to practice with, but doesn't have a bass amp. Could she use my amp, just for at home practicing, without doing any damage to either her bass or my amp?

4. aikiguy

aikiguy Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2010
    Alameda California
    Does not work so well

I had to do this for a practice secession with a friend. It worked marginally in that setup, would not work in a band setup at all.

Guy
    :)

5. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

Nov 19, 2004
    So. Illinois
    For practicing bass at home?

Go to ebay, buy a Line6 GuitarPort. The original can be had for 40 bucks or so. Download the upgrades to GearBox software. Practice with the computer. The bass amp models on GearBox are quite fun.

I personally wouldn't do the Bass through a Mustang thing.

6. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    Ok, much like I am with computers, I'm a sucker for the latest and greatest.. I took my 7 month old Mustang 3, a Crate club 20 and an old mixer I had down to guitar center, and ended up giving them $24 (I also bought 5 sets of strings) and now have a mustang 3 V2.
    Could have made more if I wanted to hassle with Ebay or CL, But sending amps is always a crapshoot, so I'm happy.

I didn't even have the "fizz" but I loaded up my junk, went down there and told myself, If I like it that much better, I'll leave with it.. And so I did.

It's definitely an improvement, the one default patch I used alot on the V1 was "Country deluxe" and the V2 version just sounds better, like a lot better.. Not sure why yet... Only had it for 6-7 hours, more to come I'm sure.
    Totally happy with my decision.. Oh, the pitch shifting patches sound 100% better (IMO)

7. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    Video demo if you please :))

8. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    I see if I can do something soon, Wish I would have done some stuff with the V1, so I could A/B them.

9. Delta Blues

Delta Blues Tele-Afflicted

Dec 22, 2011
    GA
    If they have fixed the fizz issue in V2 I might consider buying another one.

10. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA
    I called Fender and asked em if the Fizz issue was fixed with V2. I was told 'Yes, it was fixed with an upgraded output transformer.' Based on that, I traded in my MIII V1 for an MIII V2. The Fizz is gone and I love it! :)

11. Brett Fuzz

Brett Fuzz Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm thinking of selling off my pedals and getting a M3.

Can you get a nice country, picking tone with a bit of slapback out of one of these ?

12. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

I was put right off these at first because so many of the factory presets sucked. Once you pare back or turn off the mods and fx, you're left with some nice clean models you can then 'spec' how you like, that can probably do anything in the rights hands.

13. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Nov 26, 2010
    London England
    Nice, I have and like the Floor!

14. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

Nov 19, 2004
    So. Illinois
    I know, right? The Floor is awesome. I'm making some great presets for my band tones. The only thing I'm having to work with is getting a handle on making each preset come out of the floor at its usable volume for my band.

15. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA
    Yes!

I may still be in the honeymoon phase with my M3 V2, but I haven't touched my SFDR and pedals at all in the past month. I'm very happy with my M3, but having said that I'm not quite ready to sell off all my tube amps and pedals. :D

16. Delta Blues

Delta Blues Tele-Afflicted

Dec 22, 2011
    GA
    I think you have convinced me to get one. It's either gonna be an MIIIV2 or a TC Nova Station which I will run through my Peavey Bandit.

Choices choices...

17. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland

18. hotpepper

hotpepper Tele-Meister

Mar 14, 2013
    no. il.
    I got the mustang 3 v1 a few months ago. I heard a little of the fizz but I was able to do some tweeking and now can't really hear it when playing with a band. I've done around 25 gigs with it so far and as I get more used to it the more I like it. For giging you must have the 4 button switch. Also it took about 3 weeks of pushing it pretty hard to loosen up the speaker. So I'm happy with it witch surprises me caus I used a fender twin for 45yrs. so that was what I was comparing the m3 to. Great amp but it does take time to dial it in.

19. Brett Fuzz

Brett Fuzz Tele-Holic

Feb 10, 2012
    Melbourne, Australia
    I'm sold.

Pick one up this monday.!

20. DougF

DougF Tele-Meister

Nov 7, 2004
    Southern Minnesota
    I only notice the fizz sporadically when using high-gain amp presets, not so much when using Fender amp presets. I got a Mustang Floor this last week and that is a lot of fun to play around with.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.