Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang III

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ce24, Feb 28, 2013.

1. ce24

ce24 Friend of Leo's

Jan 26, 2008
    Idahoastan
    tips n tricks?

2. Kineada

Kineada Tele-Meister

Jun 23, 2010
    Freedom, PA
    First Tip:

Get the 4-button footswitch.

Just got mine, so hopefully more tips to come! ;)

3. TDPRI

TDPRI Administrator Staff Member

Mar 2, 2003
    TDPRILAND

4. aikiguy

aikiguy Tele-Meister

Nov 2, 2010
    Alameda California
    Expression pdeal and use fuse!

The expression pedal is awesome, volume, wah, etc.....

The Fuse software allows you to really configure the amp. It works as a good computer interface, with nice clean (or dirty or whatever) recording capabilities.

The Fuse software also allows you to access the finder mustang community where people have done some great presets. Some of course are kind of lame, but some are really awesome.

Don't be afraid of deleting presets that are from styles you don't play, download the backup set off of the fender site( so you can have anything back that you want from the original). Then really get in there and make the amp your own!

Guy
    :)

5. Kineada

Kineada Tele-Meister

Jun 23, 2010
    Freedom, PA
    Yeah, sixty bucks at Musician's Friend/Guitar Center. I got them to honor the ten bucks off over fifty bucks spent sale recently, and with free shipping over twenty-five bucks, I got mine for a cool fitty.

6. Kineada

Kineada Tele-Meister

Jun 23, 2010
    Freedom, PA
    Speaking of Fender Fuse, any advice on which Delay "pedal" to pick to most closely match the MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay?

Attached Files:

7. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland
    Tips....

1. Activate noise gate low medium or high...med is good for most presets without heavy gain.

2. Sag set on medium, bias @25-30, for most amp models

3. Compressor level at 6, thrsh 1.5, ratio 311, atk 5.4, rel 5.4 ..

These few adjustments in itself, is a good foundation for getting a nice
    Tube sound in my opinion. Mind you... these settings, were crafted for single coil guitars :))

ForumRunner_20130301_154241.jpg

8. nmcintyre2

nmcintyre2 TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2013
    Derry
    Tips: Use Fender Fuse and download presets that you like the sound of.

9. musicmatty

musicmatty Former Member

Aug 18, 2008
    Maryland

Tape delay, is probably your best bet.. most common anyway.

10. GuitarMan48

GuitarMan48 TDPRI Member

Dec 14, 2012
    Middletown, CT
    Bought a Mustang II, two weeks ago. It is awesome. Could not get over the sound and the modeling. Have not tried the Fuse softawre, but looking forward to it. Fender does it again!

11. Fearnot

Fearnot Friend of Leo's

Jan 17, 2010
    Decatur, GA
    Had the pleasure of plugging into a Mustang II for awhile over the weekend and really liked it... I always gravitate to the low gain models on my Valvetronix and the '57 Deluxe' preset on this was worth the price by itself. IMHO, of course.

12. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal
    Well, I see that the V2's have been shipping for a bit... Anyone get one? People talk about it addressing the hiss issue in V1 (which I have) I can't say I have ever heard the hiss.

13. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA
    I'm curious too.

My Mustang III V1 has what I consider to be severe buzz (fizz). I took it to an Authorized Fender Service Center (per Fender's instructions) for repair under warranty. The amp tech duplicated the problem, called Fender for guidance, and was told 'it's normal, they all do it'.

I've learned to live with it... I turn my amp around and face the speaker into the corner of my room, and adjust the EQ to compensate. The fizz is much less annoying in this configuration.

I would trade-in my V1 on a V2 in a heartbeat if the issue has been addressed. I have really grown to love this amp even with the fizzzzzzzzz. Would love it more if it was gone! :)

14. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

Nov 19, 2004
    So. Illinois
    I just dropped the cash for a Mustang Floor and I'm loving it so far.

15. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Holic

Jun 13, 2010
    selden, ny
    Just a heads up for you all...I got mine last week and just checked..the price is still $44.99...Grab one at this great price. Makes the amp so much better. Added two sets of strings (also cheap) and got free shipping and no tax.
    http://elderly.com/accessories/items/FMSTAF4.htm

16. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA
    UPDATE

I called Fender Customer Relations this afternoon and asked them if the Fizz issue with the Mustang III has been fixed in the V2. The guy I spoke to said yes, it was fixed with an output transformer upgrade.

So, I call the local GC and find out they have the V2's in stock. I grab my MIII V1 and drive on down. They give me $110 in trade and knock 10% off the price of a new MIII V2. I figure, worst case is the MIII V2 has the same issue and I return it and get my old MIII V1 back. I walk out the door with a brand new MIII V2 for $204 + my old fizzy V1.

Got it home, unpacked it and loaded in all my squeeky clean presets from FUSE. NO FIZZZZ! I'm ecstatic! :)

17. Teletubbi

Teletubbi Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2012
    West
    Got it home, unpacked it and loaded in all my squeeky clean presets from FUSE. NO FIZZZZ! I'm ecstatic!

Do I understand that right?
    Now you have a M3v2 that cost you $490?

18. wmsimpson

wmsimpson Tele-Holic

Sep 29, 2009
    USA
    Negative. I bought the MIII V1 used for $150. Got $110 in trade. Total cost (out the door) of the MIII V2 was $204 + the original $150 investment in the used MIII V1 = $354 tax included. Yeah, I'm ecstatic that the V2 doesn't Fizz... AND I didn't lose anything in the deal.

Purchased outright, no trade, a MIII V2 is $329.99 + Washington State sales tax = $360.00 :)

19. Teletubbi

Teletubbi Tele-Holic

Oct 10, 2012
    West

20. Tele130

Tele130 TDPRI Member

Mar 11, 2013
    Milwaukee
    I've got the V1. I noticed the Fuzzz-Buzzz last week for the first time :(. It's not always there, very sporadic. I don't play out so I haven't had to haul the monster around....thank goodness. Love the sound!!! '65 Twin Reverb is my main selection!!!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.