Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang iii v2

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by raf, Mar 24, 2014.

1. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    Just pulled the trigger. My wife isn't thrilled, but I will sell some stuff to pay her back. Lol. Can't wait!

2. Frodebro

Frodebro Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    You need to work on your presentation a bit more. Go to eBay and find finished auctions for each of the actual amps that the Mustang models. Find the average selling price for each one, and put them all in a list. Now total that up, and show your wife what you COULD have spent to get all of those amp sounds.

3. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    Lol! Ya, she'd never buy it.

4. gallred

gallred TDPRI Member

Or you could just say " I just saved us 100 bucks. This thing lists for 425 and I only paid 325".....they do it to us all the time. Hell, if you had a cupon it would be even better :eek:)

5. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    I had a coupon for 313.49 & couldn't get it to work. I sent the place an email, so I can use that for ammo. Lol.

6. TwangyWhammy

TwangyWhammy Tele-Afflicted

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder
    ^ But what Frodebro said is true! You've actually saved her thousands upon thousands of dollars !! :D

In fact, the purchase has thrown your books so far into surplus I'm sure she can now buy herself a new wardrobe… :eek: ;)

7. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Plan B: Write her a sappy love song, and play it for her with the new amp. If that doesn't do it, you're pretty much on your own.

8. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    Take my word for it...I'm pretty much on my own. Lol.

9. Frodebro

Aug 17, 2012
    Seattle
    Plan C: Whine and mope around until she capitulates.

10. TwangyWhammy

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder
    OK, but it could be well worth it for all you know… :lol:

Congrats btw… and commiserations too, lol.

11. TwangyWhammy

Jan 10, 2014
    Under the DownUnder
    Women don't capitulate… they just change their minds.

12. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Show her this thread and see if she notes that this is the preaching to the choir forum for GAS.

Better Not....

13. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    Thanks for the smiles. I will post something when I un-box & play it.

14. Drubbing

Drubbing Friend of Leo's

My wife's favourite store runs a 'spend n save' discount coupon, about once a month.

She does not see the irony in this marketing.

15. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    Buy her some flowers BEFORE you unbox it. :) It may numb some of the sting.

As she receives her flowers, you might explain that
    the wisdom she possesses will lead her to respect your decision.
    May her heart soften once she comes to know the great choice you made and the pleasure it brings to your marriage.

and this:

Congrats on your new amp. :!:

16. Southpaw Tele

Southpaw Tele Tele-Afflicted

Jun 30, 2008
    The Golden State
    I just bought one, as well. I sold a lot of stuff to fund it (I'm on a teacher's salary, for crying out loud) and it freed up some much needed space to get rid of all of that stuff. My wife was okay with it, as long as I funded it with sold guitar gear.

Okay, now the important stuff. The III is an AWESOME amp. I bought the 4 button switch and am looking at the expression pedal. This amp covers a lot of ground, but I really love the Deluxe Reverb model. Enjoy!

17. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    I can't wait!

18. stnmtthw

stnmtthw Friend of Leo's

Apr 2, 2012
    New Mexico
    I bought one on Saturday (same model- Mustang 3, version 2). I haven't posted about it because I'm having too much fun playing with it.

I've had it for 4 days, and I'm just barely starting to realize what it's capable of. It's very cool.

I sold my wife on it two ways: one, I traded in my Blues Jr for it at GC (knocked $250 off the price right there, and she can't say I'm hoarding amps, like she may have accused me of in the past) and two, I dragged her to the store and flipped through the presets with an American Strat plugged in while she listened. The one that sold her was the "Derek Champ" preset, I think. When I play it at home through my Tele, she keeps telling me to go back to the "Clapton sounding one".:cool:

I find myself going more and more to the standard amp models in the back of the presets and tweaking around, just playing with sounds. Eventually I'll find something I like enough to save. I'm loving it. :D

19. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    That's awesome. I've not heard too many negative things about them. The delivery is tomorrow!

I am pawning a few things this weekend to offset the cost :)

20. raf

raf Tele-Afflicted

May 8, 2007
    Indiana
    It's here & it's awesome!

image-4192141251.jpg

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.