Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang III question..

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by elskipper, Jul 23, 2017.

1. elskipper

elskipper TDPRI Member

May 22, 2012
    California
    Apologies if this has been asked before, I didn't find it in the search.

The one thing that annoys me about this amp is that it always reverts to channel 00 when I turn it back on, I.E. jamming happily on patch 17, shut it down, turn it back on and it is back on patch 00.

Just wondering if anyone knows if it is possible to make a Mustang shut down and turn back on with the same patch, I.E. jamming along happily on patch 17, shut it off for the day, and turn it back on the next and have patch 17 come on instead of reverting to 00.

I have it set up with a four button switch for my most used patches, but it would be nice if it just stayed on the patch I left it on when I turn it off like the Mustang 1 does. Am I missing something simple, or is that must how they are?

2. fender4life

fender4life Friend of Leo's

Sep 18, 2011
    los angeles
    It won't ever go to anything but 00, but 2 things you can do. 1-save the patch in 17 to 00 and whatever is currently in 00 if you want to save that put it in any slot you don't care about. Second, you can assign the footswitch quick access so that one of the buttons selects 17 then just step on that button when the amp starts. Of course you may have to first scroll thru the modes to QA mode, or you could set the amp to lock to QA mode so itls always there at startup. All that is available in the utility section.

SnowStorm, Jim Dep and blowtorch like this.

3. elskipper

elskipper TDPRI Member

May 22, 2012
    California
    Nuts!! That's kinda what I thought, thanks.

One of the things I like about the Mustang 1 is that it stays on whatever patch you left it on. I have some other patches I have saved on the pedal, and 00 has already been dialed in to something else. I'll just have to do a bit of rearranging to get some of these other patches I like within easy scrolling distance of my quick saves.

Thanks for the reply.

4. Jim Dep

Jim Dep Friend of Leo's

May 23, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    The patch I use the most is the one I relocated to slot #00, so when the amp powers up, it's always on that preset. You can store lists of presets in any order you want on your desktop / laptop or whatever your USB device is. I thought there was a cell phone app too that came out a year or two ago
    Anyway, the combination of presets you can use in any order , ready to be loaded in your amp is unlimited.

5. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Tele-Afflicted

I did the same. After getting my feet wet setting up patches for different pickups, I hit upon a patch that sounds pretty good for anything I plug into it. I then saved that patch (with minimal gain) to 00, then saved two copies with progressively more gain to 01 and 02.

My all purpose patch is there when I power up, and if I need more gain, it's right next door.

- D

6. SnowStorm

SnowStorm Tele-Meister

Sep 16, 2015
    Buffalo, NY
    Patch 00 is my '57 Fender Deluxe just on the edge of breakup. This is a good all-around preset that could work for any situation. I have the three-button footswitch setup. The first two buttons almost always stay on with Deluxe & Vox. Channel three is the one that I usually change around to mix in what ever amp is the current hotness.

1 = 00 '57 Fender Deluxe (on the edge of breakup with full sound)
    2 = 01 '60s British (Vox AC15 with grit and chime)
    3 = 05 InTheBlues Fender EC Tremolux (this is from Shane and it sounds big and full) or
    92 '68 Fender Twin that is cooking with grit (with a nice mid scoop) or
    04 '65 Fender Deluxe
    93 Fender Princeton (gritty, less bass and more mids - almost like the Vox with a more Fendery sound)

I also have the two button footswitch and can switch up/down a preset very quickly. This is nice when I have 00 / 01 / 92 setup on the three button switch. I can get to the others very quickly with the up/down on the two button. Outside of something like that you could be dancing around a bit to get up to channel 17 right off the get go.

7. elskipper

elskipper TDPRI Member

May 22, 2012
    California
    Yeah, I've been meaning to pick up a two button switch so I can do just that, just haven't gotten around to it.

Thank you all for the suggestions!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.