Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mustang GT100 looper.

Discussion in 'Modeling Amps, Plugins and Apps' started by ricardo1912, Sep 6, 2017.

1. ricardo1912

ricardo1912 Tele-Afflicted

Jul 26, 2011
    Kent, UK
    Hi, I am in the process of setting up a bluesy duo as an adjunct to my main four piece band. Just guitar and girl singer. To fill things out and allow builds and solos I'm thinking a basic looper might be useful, although I've never used one before.
    I already have a Mustang Iii, v1, which I really like and have gigged n rehearsed quite a lot.
    Tempted by the new GT100 and wanted to know how good the looper is and is it fairly intuitive for a new user. Any thoughts? Thx

2. dobrojoe

dobrojoe Tele-Meister

Feb 11, 2017
    England
    The looper in the Mustang GT is pretty useless. It is limited to one minute, it is nigh imposible to get the start and finish to synchronise. The footswich is seriously flawed i.e buggy as hell and I certainly wouldn't use it in public. Best to get a looper pedal that works reliably.

3. LesCanard

LesCanard TDPRI Member

Dec 2, 2010
    Buffalo
    I have found this to be the case as well. I was hoping a firmware update could fix the timing issues of the looper function, but it has not. I do a lot of looping on my other amps. For some reason, the Mustang GT (I have the 40) has a small delay in both start and stop, effectively making the looper unusable. The gap ruins a smooth loop. I ditched the 4-button footswitch and just run a Boss RC3 into the front. Not ideal since you lose a lot of the functionality since the GT40 has no effects loop but the only way to do it for now.

4. popthree

popthree Poster Extraordinaire

disappointing info. i hung up my electrics and all my gadgets a couple of years ago and concentrated on acoustic and songwriting for awhile, but now i'm getting the itch to get back into looping weirdness. i am trying to read up on what all is available and today i found out about the new fender GT series amps with a built in looper. i was hoping this would be a cheap easy way for me to satisfy the electrified looping GAS i'm experiencing but if what i'm reading here is accurate, it is a waste of time to go down this path at all.

i'd be interested to hear from anyone who is successfully creating seamless loops with the GT series amps.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.