Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Musician's Friend and Guitar Center Labor Day Weekend Sales

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Thundersleet, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Thundersleet

Thundersleet Tele-Afflicted

Jan 29, 2009
    Musician's Friend has this phone-only sale.

Guitar Center has another one of their list sales. If you get lucky and something you wanted is on the list you might be able to get a really good deal.

View attachment 31171

And you know that you'll want to stand around and listen to the local talent for a chance to win an ipod touch.

View attachment 31172
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  2. Excluded Brands: Fender, Gibson, Marshall, Gretsch, Guild. Many more. Some items escape the exclusion. Tee shirts, I suppose.

Stay loose.
  3. SimpleOne

SimpleOne Friend of Leo's

Aug 13, 2008
    very cool...hmmm 12% for greater that 2 hundred? hmmm haha
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. casadyrocks

casadyrocks Banned

Jan 1, 2007
    I'm afraid of going and finding something good (although that has not been the case previously with any Guitar Center sales promotion) cause I should be selling a thing or two rather than buying a thing or two. I am a big Schecter fan and there are a few guitars I could see buying if they were a good deal. I have six guitars now, and I play three far more than the rest as it is. I hope everyone who goes finds something good....
  6. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    The manager at the Milwaukee store always honors any coupon for anything. He says that the excuded brands on the coupon are excluded in print only because mom and pop stores call Fender and Gibson and scream when Guitar Center drops prices super low.

Ask your local can use the coupon for anything if you ask.

7. Waahhh!

But I don't wanna!

I have to PAY these credit card bills; nobody doing that for me.
  8. trousertele

trousertele Tele-Holic

Feb 19, 2008
    I received the email as well, called and got a Rickenbacker 360 in jetglo (regularly $1599) for $1279. Not as great as the blowout I heard about last month where I think they were going for $999, but since I missed that I figure this is as close as I'll get to a new one for that low of a price again.

BTW, the mapleglo and midnight blue are both regularly $1899 and the fireglo is backordered til '10, so the jetglo is the best deal if you're looking to get one.
  9. Johnny Morales

Johnny Morales Tele-Meister

Mar 6, 2007
    New Jersey
    Give Music123 a call - I called them and got a RoadWorn 60s Strat for $650.
  10. Thundersleet

Jan 29, 2009
  11. Hiker

Hiker Friend of Leo's

Jul 20, 2008
    New (old stock) 2008 Fender Standard Stratocaster (Artic White-MIM).

Are you ready? $299.00 Did a double take at that one on a floor stand, tonight! P.S. It's still there...
  12. JayFreddy

JayFreddy Poster Extraordinaire

Nov 6, 2006
    Dallas TX USA
    You guys are EVIL! :twisted:

I'm off tomorrow too...
  13. electricbody

electricbody Tele-Afflicted

Jan 19, 2007
    South Louisiana
    I picked up a very clean used MXR EVH Phase 90 for $70. I was hoping they'd have the Script logo Phase 90, but no dice.

GC has Gibson LP Studios w/ case for $990. No deals on Teles. Looks like they have some deals on microphones and studio monitors.
  14. rangercaster

rangercaster Friend of Leo's

May 8, 2008
    portland, or
    i don't need any more gear, but sometimes they have a good special that i can't resist ...and i have a $5 gift card that will expire 9/15 ... i may stop by GC ...
  15. studio1087

studio1087 Doctor of Teleocity

May 10, 2003
    Near Milwaukee
    I bought a BBE AM64 (high gain) pedal for $29 new.

They had a bunch of good deals......I don't really need anything.

SG Faded Guitars were $699. Les Paul Vintage Mahogany Guitars were $799 with hard case.

Fender and Gibson gig bags were $14.95.

It's always fun to look.
  16. Thundersleet

Jan 29, 2009
    In Woodbury MN they were out of them.
  17. Telenator

Telenator Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Sep 19, 2005
    I walked into GC yesterday with $1000 in hand and credit cards to make up the difference if I found something that I just couldn't live without. There were truly some awesome deals to be had. I walked out empty handed. There were things that I wanted, but I just didn't really need any of them.
  18. Thundersleet

Jan 29, 2009
    I just bought a couple of instrument cables. I've been needing them. Not on sale. And some wall hangers that were on sale. I've been wanting to clear up some floor space. But no big score for me either.
  19. stantheman

stantheman Doctor of Teleocity

Jun 10, 2003
    White Mountains

What Boris wrote says it all.
    Just another BigBox run by a room full of suits.:rolleyes:
  20. Yeah, but I lied.

I just scored some stuff. :^)

I had an errand to run, so I just stopped in the local GC for a minute, checked the List, and found some things.

70 % off on Fender stuff is a good thing.
  21. If you genuinely do have some geld to spare, do not assume everything is gone from these "List" sales. Got something else today, and now I have:

1) Two Highway One Teles with bag, $ 389.98 each, new unsold product, '07 and '08; and

2) Two G + G made in USA Ltd Ed Fender 60th silver lame' cases for some of my 60th Anniversary Fenders I got in late '07, $ 99 each in excellent condition.

Here's how the cases look:

Don't give up.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.