Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Muddy Waters on PBS 4/23

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by KokoTele, Apr 22, 2003.

1. KokoTele

KokoTele Doctor of Teleocity Vendor Member

Mar 17, 2003
    albany, ny [not chicago]
    Just found out that the American Masters series is doing a show about Muddy this week. Looks like a good one!

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/americanmasters/database/waters_m_homepage.html

from the PBS page:

Born McKinley Morganfield in rural Mississippi, Muddy Waters literally electrified the local blues sound, took it to Chicago and became the undisputed King of the Blues. His story is both iconic and idiosyncratic -- a fieldhand, a bootlegger and a sometimes musician, he personifies the 20th century African American migration from the rural south to the urban north. Songs like Hoochie Coochie Man, I Just Want To Make Love To You, Still A Fool and Rolling Stone speak for both a people and an era -- Rolling Stone inspired a band and a magazine. Bob Dylan, Jimi Hendrix, Led Zeppelin and Eric Clapton, among others, kept Muddy in the popular pantheon, openly embracing the elements that Muddy exemplified -- an unflinching honesty and an insistence on deep emotion in music.

and from the local listing:

Muddy Waters: Can't Be Satisfied
    This documentary traces the career of seminal bluesman Muddy Waters from his beginnings picking cotton to his death from cancer in 1983. His spirit and rough-hewn personality are revealed through frank interviews with his family, mistress and the last of his four wives. The intensity of Waters' music is evoked through rare film clips and early interviews with Waters himself, as well as intimate conversations with band mates and musical cohorts.
    [/i]

2. Lance

Lance Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Charlottesville, VA
    Tivo already picked it!

It's set to locate anything with "Guitar" in it!

Damn I love that box!

Should be a good show.....my Tivo says it'll repeat a few other times for those that miss it.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.