Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mosky Timmy Timmy and BB Preamp clones

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by sliberty, Nov 30, 2017.

1. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    haha, my B Box was in the M Box today. had to head off to work right away, though.

richey88 likes this.

2. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Sounds awesome! I had the real deal a while ago, it was worth more to me in a trade deal so I let it go. The Mosky sounds JUST like it! Took a while but worth the wait! Had the drive at 2, bass treble a tad higher than noon.....boosted it with a Lunastone TOD 1. Damn

**edit** I played around with it a little bit more, and the full sweep of the drive is great.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    kevsonic likes this.

3. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    So I finally got around to plugging my B Box in and it's pretty dang cool

4. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Of all the Mosky pedals that I had before the GH, the BB was the best IMO. But, I still sold it, 'cause after I got another Caline Orange Burst used for $18 and compared the two, I liked the Caline more.

5. blowtorch

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    I'd compared sounds of clips of the Caline and the Mosky, and found I preferred the Mosky , as I found the Caline to have a little bit of shrillness/high-end harshness in it. Of course, this is comparing sounds of clips, online, and not comparing them actually playing them, A/Bing them, which of course is a much better method to judge between them. I just didn't want to mess with actually buying two of more knockoffs

6. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    I always found the Caline Orange Burst to be a very round and somewhat warm sounding pedal (in a good way). I bought the Mosky to compare to it, as it would be nice to have a mini version. But right around that time, I loaned my Orange Burst, Pure Sky, and several other pedals to a friend, and haven't seen them since (well, I haven't seen him since actually). I'll eventually get them back, and since they weren't in the current rotation, it wasn't worth fussing about. But I never did get a chance to compare the two BB Preamp copies or the two Timmy copies (Pure Sky and MM Silver). My vague memory is that the Calines sounded better than the Moskys, but my audio memory is certainly "suspect". Someday I guess I'll find out for sure.

7. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Mosky B-Box ruled at a gig tonight. Strat/Tele through new Pro Jr. Stacks well with my Sonicake...

kevsonic likes this.

8. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA

9. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ

10. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Both are shown on the Mosky site, but no description for the Deluxe Preamp. FUnny though - the guy selling that one on eBay used the description text from the Amp Turbo.

kevsonic likes this.

11. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    probably that new. hopefully. i want the green one

kevsonic likes this.

12. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    If I am not mistaken, the Lovepedal Amp 11 is a take on the Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal. I have a Mooer Blues Crab, and a KOT that I built (they are both derived from the Bluesbreaker), and love them both. Even though I already have that base covered, I would be inclined to try the Mosky Amp Turbo too. Just because. And it has a Bass pot, which most other Bluesbreaker type pedals do not - thats a big plus. But I may wait until I can find at least a couple of Youtubes on it, which I guess will be a little while.

I am rather surprised by the price that the eBay seller has it listed at. Supposedly, this is one of their hand wired pedals. I would have expected it to be twice that price. Maybe I should buy one now before they realize the "mistake" :)

13. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Or am I wrong? Is the Amp 11 a Bluesbreaker or a Timmy?

Hmmm.....

14. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Afflicted

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    After watching an episode of That Pedal Show, I believe it is actually a Timmy type - my bad.

Frankly, I already have enough Timmy types. The three I am using these days are a Jan Ray that I've built, and a Timmy that I've built (both on my main board), and the MM Silver (on my smaller board).

15. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    Yeah I think it is more Timmy-derived like you said, or to put too fine a point on it the OD11 is, and initially too much so before it got revised, and by extension the AMP11 is an OD11 and a COT joined at the hip. I love them, both separately and in the "hey, you got chocolate in my peanut butter!"-arrangement.

I think I'm with you in having a lot of Timminess in my collection, more in fact than I can make adequate use of at the moment. What tempts me is that they all sound just a little bit different, and that evil $30-something pricetag that Mosky is floating. Curses!

richey88 likes this.

16. teleforumnoob

teleforumnoob Friend of Leo's

May 25, 2010
    North Alabama
    The MM Silver has turned out to be my favorite OD pedal ever! Love it!

kevsonic likes this.

17. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    The Deluxe looks intriguing to me, though there are no great specifics as to what all the toggle switches do.

18. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Please No Youtube vids....got to be brand new. Interested.

19. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Anyone tried them yet (deluxe preamp or amp turbo?

Or any of their multieffects such as the tonebus or the red fox? Mosky keeps impressing me, I might gonna try one of their more expensive one some day.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.