Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mosky Timmy Timmy and BB Preamp clones

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by sliberty, Nov 30, 2017.

1. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Mosky has but out a couple of new ciones -

MM Silver - Timmy clone
    B-Box - BB preamp clone.

Has any one tried either or both yet? Would love to hear some feedback. Are they worthy to replace the Caline pedals (which aren't mini)?

3-Chord-Genius likes this.

2. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    88 views, and nobody, huh?
    I guess that means one of us needs to buy one and start (or end) the trend.

Hey @StormJH1 - how about I buy the Timmy, and you buy the BB and we each review them for the crowd? :)

3. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Mosky MM Silver Overdrive (mini 4 knob Timmy) incoming. But it will take a while to get here (from China of course). Paid $23.43 shipped (Tom Top Sales).

4. InAbsentia

InAbsentia TDPRI Member

Sep 29, 2016
    Southwest PA
    Excited to hear what you think about the mini timmy wannabe. I've had a caline orange burst and pure sky for about a year now - and they are phenomenal. The few mosky pedals I've had have been good, so hopefully you enjoy this one!

5. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    I have the PS and OB on my board now, and love them. I am more curious than anything else about the mini Timmy, but also, some extra space wouldn't be a bad thing. I will certainly write back once it get it.

InAbsentia likes this.

6. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium

7. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Haha. You like your pedals, don't you?

I am still waiting for the mini Timmy pedal to arrive (MM Silver), but no tracking information yet. I am anxious to compare it to my Caline Pure Sky.

I should also have a Tomsline Dumbler arriving later this week.

8. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium
    Yep, I like them all except the Jcm which a complete fraud. The Crazy Tone (Suhr Riot clone) is the best Riot clone I've heard (even better than the Donner Morpher/Mooer Solo one). The Black Rat is definitely too dark, too bad...I'm currently waiting for the Crunch Box clone...

gee. likes this.

9. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium

B-Box preamp, MM Silver Overdrive and Plexi-m Distortion on their way... :)

10. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Wow, you have a real problem - but don't worry, we all understand how that is :)

I'm still waiting for my MM Silver Overdrive to arrive. As often happens with shipments from China, tracking info stopped coming after an early step n China, and that was two weeks ago. So I have no idea where my pedal is or when it will arrive. I am guessing it is sitting in the harbor somewhere in the US waiting to be cleared by customs. The estimated delivery range is from Dec 12 - Jan 2. I am right in the middle of that range now, so it could come soon (if they are correct, or maybe never).

In the mean time, I just bought a Vox AC15C1, and put my Vox AC10C1 up for sale. Wish me luck selling. Or better yet, come and get it :)

11. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium

Usually, about 4 weeks to Belgium...

12. StormJH1

StormJH1 Tele-Holic

I was tempted to try those except I already have the two Caline pedals that cover the same effects, so I couldn’t imagine the Mosky ones being appreciably better. But curious to hear your impressions!

13. DougM

DougM Tele-Holic

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I have five of them on the way from China- the BB one, the Timmy one, the Suhr Riot one, the OCD one, and the Golden Plexi one, $21 to $23 each.
    Tracking info from China goes like this- left China......then eventually, arrived Hawaii, usually nothing in-between.
    I also have the Rowin Dumbler and Caline Klone on the way. I've tried the Tomsline Dumbler and I'm hoping that the Rowin isn't just the same pedal rebranded. It looks like it maybe isn't, 'cause the pots are in a slightly different place on the case, closer to where they are on the Mooer.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2017

14. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Thats not like you :)

I have the two Caline pedals that match up with the MM Silver and the B-Box, but they aren't minis. So I gave the MM Silver a try. It will be fun to compare them, as well as to compare against my Jan Ray build. If it ever arrives that is.

15. blowtorch

blowtorch Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    What do you think of it? I thought it was "ok"

16. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    I have only used it at home alone up to now, and I've gotten some nice sounds from it. But the real test will be after the holidays when I get back to the weekly jam.

17. sliberty

sliberty Tele-Holic

Mar 19, 2007
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Finally, after the longest lag I’ve seen yet, tracking has been updated, and I have a target delivery date for the MM Silver. Almost 30 days since the last scan in China. It’s in Chicago now, and should be here on or about Jan 2nd.

18. Marko9801

Marko9801 TDPRI Member

May 28, 2010
    with my parents
    Hi everyone! Also waiting for some Mosky pedals from China.
    B-Box preamp, Silver MM overdrive and Crazy Tone distortion.

Is anyone using Mosky Noise Gate? Golden pedal? It was delivered yesterday and mine creates crackling noise when the guitar signal is low. When I hit the strings crackling noise comes in at the end of sustaining notes. It sounds like a fuzz effect... On some settings the noise is constant when I'm strumming. It is not my first noise gate pedal, and I didn't have any problems with other Mosky pedals yet, but I'm just wondering is this normal for this model? It removes noise typical of single coils but its useless because of the added crackling... Any suggestions? Thanks!
    Marko

19. misterdl

misterdl TDPRI Member

Dec 1, 2017
    Belgium
    Hello. Have you checked inside the pedal ? Some mosky ones have dip switches or mini pots.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017

20. Marko9801

Marko9801 TDPRI Member

May 28, 2010
    with my parents
    I have, and no accessible controls inside... Just a pcb.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.