Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mosky Golden Horse, clone of the Klon Centaur

Discussion in 'The Stomp Box' started by vjhn, Jul 3, 2018.

1. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    chemobrain, Michael A. and kevsonic like this.

2. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    It's not being sold on eBay yet (unless the search isn't finding it). If it's priced like other Mosky pedals I'll probably snag one.

Caline has a Klone out but it's about $50, right at the edge of what I want to spend on cheap Chinese pedals.

3. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    I agree regarding the Caline, I got a XioSound for 27 usd I belive from my man Ali.

About the Mosky's, I couldn't wait so I ordered one for 23 usd. 4 left from the only seller, hurry!
    Here is the link since you did not find it:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148343&icep_item=332707483147

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018

4. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    Doesn't ship to the US unfortunately.

5. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Then at the bottom of the page it gives ship time to the USA (and a ton of other places). I think that makes me want it more (tons of Mosky on Amazon, not this though)....their B Box BB Preamp clone is a dead ringer.

vjhn likes this.

6. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Mosky keeps impressing me, just got their Timmy clone (mm silver) and the BB box.

7. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    Once they ramp up production, I'm sure a bunch of them will then appear on Ebay. I like their pedals. Good sounding for $26, but I sold the Timmy and BB clones, 'cause I like the Caline ones more. The Caline Pegasus is a great pedal, very dynamic and touch responsive, but doesn't sound like other Klones to me, as it's a lot brighter with less mid-hump. But, most of the Klones I've tried are all voiced a little differently. Of the ones that I've tried that I suspect are closest to the real thing, never having played a real Klon, are the Tone City Bad Horse and Clone Central Centaur. I also like the Tone Bakery Crème Brulee and the EHX Soul Food. I like the Xin Sound Sky, too, but I don't think it's voiced that much like a Klon, either, 'cause it's too mid scooped and dark sounding to my ears.
    And the MXR Sugar Drive that I tried was really, really too bright. Maybe I got a bad one? But, being addicted to Cheap Klones, I'll definitely try the Mosky when it becomes readily available on Ebay.
    As with all Overdrive pedals, Klones can sound wildly different depending on what amp they're plugged into.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
    Rickaphonic likes this.

8. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Can’t wait to try the GH! Have 2 really nice Mosky pedals. Have a nice Klon klone but always looking for good dirt....

9. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Tele-Afflicted

Feb 11, 2006
    Near Athens GA USA
    Michael A. likes this.

10. Michael A.

Michael A. Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Perfect timing on mentioning this pedal now, vjhn! And thanks for the vendor link, bgmacaw!

I have the other thread going in this forum about how to use other pedals to duplicate the Klon sound, but for $24, I've gone ahead and ordered this one based on the good reviews that Mosky generally seem to get. Will be interesting to see if it gets here in the estimated short delivery time, as soon as July 12th!

They seem to still have stock after I got my order confirmation, so the limited-stock business may be just a come on.

vjhn likes this.

11. DougM

DougM Tele-Afflicted

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    I just bought one on Ebay from the same seller in China that I bought the Mosky BB, Timmy, OCD, PLexi, and Suhr Riot clones from, for $29.80 with free shipping. They had three, so there's two left, for anyone interested. The one selling them for $23.99 won't ship to Hawaii, even though they're in China?
    After I get it I'll post a comparison to all my other Klones.

vjhn, kevsonic and blowtorch like this.

12. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    DougM, look forward to your report. I've been wondering whether I need to upgrade from my Soul Food, and it's good to hear from you on this subject, with all the exposure you've had to so many of these

13. Michael A.

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I ordered mine last night and got the shipment confirmation this morning!

14. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    Dang y’all. I bought it too....

vjhn and kevsonic like this.

15. vjhn

vjhn TDPRI Member

Jul 16, 2017
    Norway
    Keep us updated everyone, gonna take some time to Norway (est. 18. July. - 26. Aug.)

16. kevsonic

kevsonic Tele-Meister

Oct 16, 2017
    Philadelphia, PA
    Same here. It's a totally unnecessary addition but at that price the Buy button practically clicks itself. Such is the lot of a Klone Ranger.

Mosky really has been a diamond in the rough; such improbably sweet sounds from such an unlikely source, like flowers growing through sidewalk cracks. Chances are pretty good that this one will be a keeper.

vjhn likes this.

17. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    Anyone have a demo they can post?

18. richey88

richey88 Friend of Leo's

Jul 28, 2009
    philly suburbs
    I have 2 Mosky pedals already, B Box will be pried off of my cold dead board. Good stuff!

kevsonic likes this.

19. Michael A.

Jan 12, 2013
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I don't think anyone here had heard of these until VJHN's post from yesterday. Will be interesting if this pedal helps drive the other klones' prices down.

vjhn and El Tele Lobo like this.

20. beyer160

beyer160 Tele-Afflicted

Aug 11, 2010
    On Location
    Not as long as TGP is still up.

vjhn and bgmacaw like this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.