Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

More mp3 questions

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Dana, Apr 29, 2003.

1. Dana

Dana Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2003
    Ashland, Ma
    Ok, so I've figured out how to convert CD tracks of my band into mp3 files. Great.

Next problem, they're too big to upload to my cheap free web site (about 5M each). I've checked around and noticed that alot of bands only post snippets of songs, and not the whole thing (about 1.5 M).

So, how can I cut up my mp3's into smaller sections so I can post them to my band's website?

Thanks,
    Dana

2. Smokin OP

Smokin OP Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Mar 16, 2003
    Leesburg, GA
    Dana,
    A sound editor such as Cool Edit 2000 will do the trick. It sells for $69 & you can download it from their website. Or if you have a full version of Nero 5, you can edit .wav files before you convert them to mp3 format. I also feel sure that download.com or tucows will have some sort of shareware/freeware that will edit mp3's. Sounds like to me you would benefit from the professional features of Cool Edit though. It's a very easy process where you open the file with the program, copy as little or as much of the song you want & paste it into a new file. Hope this helps.

OP

Cool Edit 2000

Download.com

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.