Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

More evidence that Florida IS crazy!

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by DougM, Feb 11, 2019.

1. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

Jul 5, 2017
    Honolulu, HI
    A man turned down $1.8M for this shack because he believes that it's on "sacred" land. This could only happen in Florida. Even Silicon Valley and Hawaii real estate prices aren't that insane. And there is a lot of land that's considered sacred here. dims.jpg

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  2. src9000

src9000 Poster Extraordinaire

You wouldnt say that if you knew your shack was on sacred land.

Edit:
    I'd just like to add that my shack is on sacred ground, but I'd let it go for 1.2M.
    Please?

3. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    Sounds like a great real estate agent writing to boost the bidding war.

soulman969 and hotpot like this.
  4. Robert H.

Robert H. Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Jul 28, 2005
    N. Cal.
    I’m not sure who’s crazier - the guy who wants it or the guy who won’t sell it...

DHart, boris bubbanov, Flakey and 4 others like this.
  5. telemnemonics

telemnemonics Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 2, 2010
    Maine
    Maybe the guy buried his wife under the floorboards?

6. Jupiter

Jupiter Telefied Silver Supporter

Jun 22, 2010
    Osaka, Japan
    I gotcher sacred land right here!

LutherBurger likes this.
  7. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    As already suggested, the question is: why is someone offering that kind of money for that shack-teau?

There's obviously more to this.

8. Boubou

Boubou Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 30, 2005
    Montreal, Quebec
    That’ll rub right off

9. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    Look at the multi storey apartments behind it. Development is why it's prices as high as it is. Unless it's a fellow worshiper of the Sacred Shark Savers?

A family friend bought an old home on the beach decades ago for under 100k. They took off to teach English in japan about 20 years ago and upon return the location has been developed with high rise beach front apartments. Their place is crusty like that shack and last I heard he was contemplating accepting a multi million dollar offer with a free top level apartment in the new building thrown in. The guy that rents it for under $200 bucks a week must be pissed.

10. Paul Jenkin

Paul Jenkin Friend of Leo's

Aug 17, 2017
    Essex, UK
    Our house is on ground that could easily have been where Boudica strutted her stuff when rebelling against the Romans.

I wouldn't ask a penny more than £1,000,000. Bargain!

tintag27 and deytookerjaabs like this.
  11. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    Monthly fees are probably higher than rent in a normal place, so you'd end up spending most of the money got for the shack. Bad deal.

Chunkocaster likes this.
  12. Chunkocaster

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    If it was me I would take the money and apartment and once completed immediately sell the apartment.

Flakey and nojazzhere like this.
  13. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    They probably have a clause that you have to stay there for 10 years or something so they can get the money they gave you back.

Plus even if you can sell it, it might take a while, and you have to keep paying monthly.

14. catdaddy

catdaddy Tele-Holic

Based on that picture, I'm guessing that the storage shed in my backyard is probably worth about three-quarters of a million, even without the "sacred land" rider.

Straydogger likes this.
  15. Chunkocaster

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    :lol:
    You are probably right. I think they are just desperate for the property because it's the only single story house on a large enough block of land to develop left in the whole strip. It's got ocean frontage and the rear faces a marina. The property value on apartments in that zone are now pretty much guaranteed with no speculation involved. It's funny to see such a pos of a house surrounded by luxury apartments. To top it off the guy that was renting it owns a rusted out bomb of a car from the 70's.

The owners can't loose anyway. It's freehold and probably owes them around 150k including interest payments since they bought it. They are in their 70's now. I'm sure they will appreciate the cash after working for low paying jobs all their lives.

16. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Luddite Island, NY
  17. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Holic

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    His father was American of native American ancestry but his last name is Bermudez (Spanish)?

He's apparently sitting on prime real estate. If eminent domain is invoked, he'd be entitled to fair market value. Given the offer already made and the real estate going up around him, I'd say he'll be rich soon.

JustABluesGuy and nojazzhere like this.
  18. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

I'd rather live in Florida than Silicon Valley or Hawaii. BTW, that would make an excellent dive bar as-is. In a neighborhood like that, it would be all the rage, $20 cocktails, massive bourbon menu, fish tacos, expensive lighting and clever stage setup, with really out there live music.

puddin and nojazzhere like this.
  19. Wallo Tweed

Wallo Tweed Friend of Leo's

Dec 6, 2011
    Penns Wood
    tintag27 and nojazzhere like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.