More Absurdity From The Humans

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Bones, May 23, 2019.

1. Bones

Bones Telefied Ad Free Member

2. Torren61

Torren61 Tele-Afflicted

Teleterr, verb boten and richiek65 like this.
  3. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

4. Toto'sDad

Toto'sDad Telefied Ad Free Member

One of the obstacles we had to overcome when Toto and Bella passed in adopting a new doggie was that most likely the new doggie would outlive us. Then along came Alex whose owners had abandoned him to a neighbor who was looking for him a new home. Since his future was not assured since if the neighbor didn't find him a good home he would have probably gone to the pound, we decided to take a chance. He's been met with such acceptance by our family, friends, and neighbors, I no longer worry about what will become of Alex.

He's already proven he's lucky, because he not only avoided the pound, he ended up where he is treated pretty much like a king. He is slightly more momma's dog than mine, and that's okay. He is attached to me too, enough so that I enjoy having him. I'm pretty certain should something happen to us, he will be okay. At any rate, he will have gotten to enjoy some very good days in our care. He's fed well, sleeps at the foot of a king sized bed, and gets to take a walk every evening, which he really enjoys. Just as we enjoy life when it's going well, he seems to be doing the same. If we have the time, we could place him in a home, even if we had to include some loot to assure he was taken care.

What I'm trying to say, is having the dog put to sleep was selfish in the extreme as far as I'm concerned. If Toto had outlived me, I would have wanted him to have someone that he and they could enjoy each other's company. I'm also quite overjoyed that he didn't have me put to sleep when he left! I think one of the reasons that Alex is drawn more to momma than me is that I can't help it, I still miss Toto, and probably will the rest of my days. Alex and I have it worked out though, he's a good dog.

5. rad1

rad1 Tele-Afflicted

I’ve met dog owners that should be euthanized when their dog dies, but not the other way around.

6. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

Narcissism of the dead.

7. Bones

Seems like a pretty clear violation of their oath...

'Being admitted to the profession of veterinary medicine, I solemnly swear to use my scientific knowledge and skills for the benefit of society through the protection of animal health and welfare, the prevention and relief of animal suffering, the conservation of animal resources, the promotion of public health, and the advancement of medical knowledge. I will practice my profession conscientiously, with dignity, and in keeping with the principles of veterinary medical ethics. I accept as a lifelong obligation the continual improvement of my professional knowledge and competence.'

8. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Telefied Ad Free Member

All this is doing is uncovered the Wretched Truth, that many veterinarians will euthanize a dog with nothing in particular wrong with it. The dog is just........inconvenient.

I think if you put an end to this Death Culture, the freakish cases such as the one described above will whither away.

Teleterr and thunderbyrd like this.
  9. David Barnett

David Barnett Doctor of Teleocity

Humans are the worst people.

10. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Yeah - what the hell ? Do these people think they are ancient Egyptians or pharaohs or something?

What about their servants? What about a wooden boat to get them over the river of the dead into the next life?

What about the vet? They’re going to need him in the next life if the dog is going , so put him down and throw him in the hole too ! :mad:

Teleterr and Torren61 like this.
  11. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

pug.jpg

On second thought, kill me now.

Bones likes this.
  12. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

It seems state law is the culprit in the news here, classing pets as property and having no rights at all.

verb boten likes this.
  13. dkmw

dkmw Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

The 4 1/2 year old dog I adopted last year was going to be put down by his owners because they didn’t like his behavior. He’s got some emotional scars from their treatment, but he’s getting better all the time.

14. brookdalebill

brookdalebill Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

The human amimal is capable of the entire range of
    behavior, from altruism to depravity.
    Asounding selfishness displayed here.

15. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Maybe if you're from Egyptian Royalty, and the pyramid requires it.
    Otherwise - firm No.

Let my beasts live their best (full) life w/ a younger family.
    Peace - Deeve

Teleterr, Slowpoke and Fiesta Red like this.
  16. ReverendRevolver

ReverendRevolver Tele-Meister

I heard this on the radio today an thought "what if the vet just delivered a sack of feeder rats to the crematorium and sold the dog on Craigslist?"

But that would be too awesome to happen. Anyone who isn't a Pharoah doesn't need living animals killed to share a burial place. Its 2019, and while I'm sure there are worse things happening in the world, this seems like something the Game Warden would be able to arrest someone for. And should be.

If you can't handle a pet outliving you, I reccomend a Chia pet.

verb boten, ndcaster and Torren61 like this.
  17. Bones

I killed my Chia pet out of jealousy, it had a better hairline than me.

18. Fiesta Red

Fiesta Red Friend of Leo's

Disgusting.

19. Mike Eskimo

Mike Eskimo Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Plus - and hear me out here - if the a-hole human thinks they want the dog with them in the afterlife , they have a very limited/puritanical view of heaven.

When my Mom died , my sister thought it was sad that Mom would have to wait all that time for her grandkids to join her in heaven.

I just thought it odd that if she had the capacity to believe in heaven and yet not believe that her grandkids would/could already be up there with her (while they were still alive down here) ...well, you know...

I think I’m gonna go talk to the neighbors dog through the fence.

20. Boubou

Boubou Doctor of Teleocity Gold Supporter

I already have a bunch of dogs waiting for me.

Matt G, Larry F, teletimetx and 3 others like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.