Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Morally disturbing NGD

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by RoscoeElegante, Nov 15, 2017.

1. StrangerNY

StrangerNY Tele-Afflicted

Thanks! I like 'em, too.

The Burst Tele rarely gets out of the house, because I'm paranoid that it'll get lifted. I only take it to gigs where there's plenty of seperation between band and crowd, like theater shows or venues where the band is actually on a stage.

I do take the LP out a lot, because I bought it specifically to be a player. But I watch it like a hawk at all times.

- D

RoscoeElegante likes this.

2. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    Hawk sed: I saved monogamy for my wife.
    I love monogamy, my flattop, my Gibson and my desk are all monogamy. Terrific tone, superb sustain, its the best for bodies. Can't beat monogamy.

3. screamin eagle

screamin eagle Friend of Leo's

Oct 9, 2008
    S. CA
    Get a reuseable Epiphone sticker for the headstock and just put it on when you're going to the shady gigs.

Hell, if you did you'd probably be told you should get a real one, they sound better. That'd be funny.

RoscoeElegante and StrangerNY like this.

4. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

Then there's the guy that can pick up just about any make/model of guitar and just rip it up.

Zepfan, RoscoeElegante and xafinity like this.

5. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Meister

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    Lots of Teles and one LP is perfectly acceptable.

6. Southpole

Southpole Tele-Meister

Apr 10, 2014
    WellingtonNZ
    This LP has the 1960 slimline neck but it doesn’t bother me at all.

D044FA70-BE9F-488D-8C57-E22A98BB5C35.jpeg

Zepfan, RoscoeElegante and Ricky D. like this.

7. teletimetx

teletimetx Poster Extraordinaire Gold Supporter

Jul 25, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I've always loved his playing and his facial expressions! just makes me happy.

RoscoeElegante and xafinity like this.

8. radiocaster

radiocaster Friend of Leo's

Aug 18, 2015
    europe
    How many people on here own only teles? Probably less than 5% I would estimate.

9. StrangerNY

I'm wondering what color that Jaguar was. I'm guessing Shoreline Gold.

The trem bar tip is interesting, too.

- D

10. RoscoeElegante

RoscoeElegante Tele-Afflicted

Feb 19, 2015
    TooFarFromCanada
    Amazing that ANYone could play a Jag even half that well. All those damn switches, and those over-sweeping knobs. Kudos to Roy.

And don't forget his great appearance on "The Beverly Hillbillies." (Just be sure you've finished your lunch first.)
    Buddy_Ebsen_Roy_Clark_Hillbillies_1968.jpg

StrangerNY likes this.

11. Wrong-Note Rod

Wrong-Note Rod Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Mar 4, 2009
    atlanta

suggest that she can play the new les paul while you play the new girlfriend.

report on ensuing carnage.

3fngrs likes this.

12. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    A moral dilemma, eh? :) Meh, just play it! What's wrong with liking more than one guitar, I'll never understand.

With a good set of PAF clones, Les Pauls are like Teles on steroids. Does that help?

Congrats on the NGD, I think. Now I have a moral dilemma. I don't want to condone and encourage behavior that you consider to be morally suspect.

See? Doesn't that sound ridiculous? You're welcome. :D

13. moosie

moosie Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Jul 18, 2010
    Western Connecticut
    What's the guitar in the Ghost Riders vid? Looks familiar...

I do notice a Heritage leaning off to the side....

So, when he greeted the audience in that vid, he tells them "Bless your hearts" several times. Haven't we concluded that he was pretty much calling them idiots? :lol:

StrangerNY likes this.

14. Elmore

Elmore Tele-Holic

Dec 18, 2011
    Atlanta
    Great post, and I can relate. I hit the same thing in reverse. I thought nothing would knock my modified '87 LP Prehistoric/Standard out of its number one spot until I bought and modified a FSR BSB Tele 6 years ago. It is almost a tie again. The LP:

[​IMG]

StrangerNY likes this.

15. chris m.

chris m. Friend of Leo's

I think it's an Ovation.

moosie likes this.

16. StrangerNY

An Ovation Deacon 12 string.

And he comes out on stage with a pretty sweet Heritage, too.

- D

moosie likes this.

17. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Holic

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    A great thread indeed .....and one which had me thinking back to when I first bought my 2009 Epiphone Les Paul Custom. This guitar was soon followed by a number of other Les Paul guitars, including a number of (to me) expensive Custom Shop offerings, including a 'Pearly Gates' and a 'Melvin Franks 'Greeny'. All great guitars. There were many others to come, including non Gibson offerings; some vintage jobs, some not, and regularly costing me much more than what the Epi had cost me.

Funny how over the years I have always felt bonded to that Epiphone, even though I had changed the original pickups from the "Alnico Classics" it came with, to a set of Gibson Classic 57s. This guitar has always felt comfortable to me, and has always played and sounded 'just right'. it's a guitar that I will probably never part with.

Funny really, as I am often aware of and disgusted by baseless brand prejudice on guitar forums and yet I too have been guilty of giving my opinions in regards to watches, motorcycles, cameras etc., and have cherished my Rolex's, my Leicas etc.. I am a proponent of buying the best you can in most things, and based on my experience with this Epiphone Lp Custom, I didn't change my philosophy with this guitar either.

Here she is.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017

18. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Tele-Holic

Jan 29, 2011
    los angeles
    Word
    Unfortunately

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.