Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mooer Radar?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Lupo, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Lupo

Lupo Tele-Holic

May 19, 2014
    Genova-Italy
    Not sure is the right forum, but I hope so.
    I need to find a solution for night practicing in an apartment that can reasonably allow to evaluate the tone of pedals and amp as I do not have many chance of performing sound tests during the day sue to work.

It is some times that I am thinking about something that can get the signal from the tube amp output (or from the line output of the hotplate) and drive it (in a acceptable way) to an headphone... Basically a "cab simulator/headphone amp" combo. I already have a THD hotplate that can work as load and will provide me a line-out signal.

I saw that the new Mooer Radar should do exactly what I need, i.e. it can be used (also) as a cab simulator connected to the line out of the THD used as load and then connected to the headphone directly. Moreover it should allow direct recording too, but that is another story.

In short, the configuration would be:
    Tube Amp (champ)=>load/Line-out (THD hotplate)=>Mooer Radar=> headphone

What do you think? Other products that could fit in as alternative? (i.e. perform amp cab simulation and headphone amplifier at the same time).

Suggestions and thought are welcome.

2. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    Torpedo CAB.

Amazing

3. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    Looks interesting, too bad the editor is PC only

4. Lupo

Lupo Tele-Holic

May 19, 2014
    Genova-Italy
    well. you can select 30 cabs, 4 power amp, 11 mikes, and the eq without the PC... not a few...
    The torpedo is too expensive for my aim

5. Alamo

Alamo Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Nov 15, 2006
    Berlin, Germany
    Interesting indeed :)

6. Hexabuzz

Hexabuzz Tele-Afflicted

Dec 13, 2014
    Northeast PA
    I emailed support at Mooer about Mac software, and they just replied that there will be a Mac editor for Radar by the end of the year.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.