Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Monoprice 15 watt tube amp

Discussion in 'Glowing Bottle Tube Amp Forum' started by here4thefall, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Rick330man

Rick330man Tele-Meister

Jan 9, 2011
    Florida Keys
    My light was turning on and off intermittently. I unscrewed the bezel, put a little contact cleaner on a Q-tip, cleaned out the light bulb socket and it has worked fine ever since.

Paully likes this.

2. Informal

Informal Tele-Holic

Jan 16, 2013
    SoCal

Same with mine... Although I skipped the contact cleaner... They just don't screw them in tight enough is my guess.. It's a tight area, I couldn't tighten as much as it needed, until I put a dab of hot glue on on a small plastic rod... Let it set... gave it a few turns... Then kept my fingers crossed as I tried to unattached it... I removed it, luckily it left no residue on the bulb, and I didn't break it.

3. Believer

Believer TDPRI Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Mississippi
    When swapping power tubes, did y'all have to re-bias the amp? If so, how?

4. Telepi

Telepi Tele-Afflicted

Apr 22, 2009
    Missouri
    No biasing is needed. That's one of the reasons I chose this amp. Just be sure to get a matched pair of el84s.

5. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    If anyone is waiting for these to come back in stock, wait no more!!!! They are back with free shipping today. I just ordered one. Hopefully, my revolving quest for an amp will come to an end. The price sure is right and I love the sound of the Laney's that they seem to be made from.

6. Jack

Jack Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2003
    Chesapeake, Va.
    How did you get the free shipping?

7. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    It's listed as a promotion for the 15 watter right now. I didn't have to do anything, it just showed up as free shipping.

8. Jack

Jack Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2003
    Chesapeake, Va.
    Ok.. I went to their website and it's ringing up the shipping .. I also went to Amazon and they include free shipping, but the price is exactly the the same as the price on the mono price website for amp plus shipping, $131.36. Quite a bit more than others have paid. Must be the popularity of the amp.

Thanks

9. Jack

Jack Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2003
    Chesapeake, Va.
    My bad.. Just realized this thread is for their 15 watt amp.. I've been looking at the 5.

10. Jack

Jack Tele-Meister

Oct 30, 2003
    Chesapeake, Va.
    Just ordered the 5 and 15. Looking forward to giving them a go.

11. brogh

brogh Super Moderator Staff Member

Jun 26, 2010
    italy
    UMPF !

got a look at the website ... the 5 watter will cost + 114 bucks to ship it it in italy ... plus taxes ... that $ucks ... :(

12. PunkKitty

PunkKitty Tele-Meister

Jun 24, 2008
    Chicago
    Just a heads up. I just ordered a WGS Reaper for my Monoprice from MF. They will honor the EXTRA15 coupon over the phone for that speaker. I paid $67 and some change for it.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2016
    MadJack likes this.

13. VintageSG

VintageSG Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Huddersfield, UK
    Take a look at the Laney Cub 8. Same amp as the Monoprice 5 watter, or rather the Monoprice is the same as the Laney. Thomann has them for 122 Euro + about 10 Euro shipping.

14. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    They currently have the 15 on sale for $199.99 and free freight. I couldn't resist any longer and bit hook line and sinker. We'll see in a week how I feel.

asnarski likes this.

15. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    Been waiting to see an all in price below 200--and today is the day. Ordered one. Will report back next week. So...same as grim83!

16. Strebs

Strebs Tele-Meister

Dec 24, 2015
    Birmingham, AL
    Deng, I ordered a day too soon apparently. :(

17. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    I had to cut a deal with the wife so the hype better be for real or someone's getting hurt...and it'll probably be me lol.
    I feel your pain brother

18. grim83

grim83 Tele-Meister

Jul 14, 2014
    alabamy
    I got an email confirmation showing it has shipped. I'm all giddy unfortunately it won't be here until Tuesday :(. Guess this is a good excuse to finish fixing my Tele so it'll be ready.

19. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

Feb 11, 2004
    Give them a call. Same thing happened to me and they gave me a credit back on my card. Great CS!

20. Lando27

Lando27 Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

May 6, 2015
    Ottawa
    I had the same issue on the 5 watt version. Just unscrewed it and tightened it back in

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.