Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Monday Snow

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Freejack, Oct 6, 2017.

1. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    Finally got a couple of pics up. We got hit with a heavy snowfall Monday (about 6") and lost power for the morning (9am to about 11:15am). I had my phone and laptop plugged in to a UPS (using tethered mode) and was able to VPN in to work all day. Internet was down even after power was restored. The guys said the power surge at 9 must have fried the radio antenna so they climbed up on the snow covered roof and replaced it. Internet back at around 3pm.

Morning snow:

[​IMG]

Later in the morning/early afternoon:

[​IMG]

And of course I got to test my skills at starting a fire. Got it the first time :D

[​IMG]

Loved the weather and the dog was just having a grand old time sitting out in the snow.

Carl

Stubee and JJAdams1956 like this.

2. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    Get ready for next Monday!

Freejack likes this.

3. LeftFinger

LeftFinger Tele-Afflicted

Aug 16, 2015
    Saskatchewan
    I am not ready
    yet
    that is all

4. jenos

jenos Tele-Meister

Mar 28, 2012
    Columbia, SC
    Awesome, I miss the snow. Most I see in Columbia is a few flurries or a possible dusting once a year.

5. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    Already ready. I do need to bring in another load of firewood just in case. Supposed to be 19F and snow :D

The worst part really is I had the decks done and due to the type of wood, they used an oil so water beads up. And of course, sitting water turns to ice. So it's a bit treacherous going out and up to the car or truck. We're trying to figure out how we want to handle it. Wiping away the water (squeegee) and maybe sand; I have half a bag in the garage. I was thinking of stair edge strips too.

Carl

6. Paul in Colorado

Paul in Colorado Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Mar 17, 2003
    Fort Collins, CO
    It's amazing to me what a gain in altitude makes here in Colorado weather -wise.

7. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

Feb 7, 2011
    Lewes De.
    Wow ! I m off to the beach, 80 degree air, 72 degree water. Hopefully this winter we'll get some in Jan or Feb.

8. Obsessed

Obsessed Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 21, 2012
    Montana
    We got a dusting here the other day. Lows have been in the high 20s F, so we have the big wood stove formed up a few times already. Beautiful fall days here now. Fire season is done ... hopefully.

9. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

10. xafinity

xafinity Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Dec 24, 2015
    my Mom's basement
    I lived up in that area in the 60s Special memories driving those roads in crispy cold moonlight.

11. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    I love the snow and colder temps. I'm not a fan of the beach or higher temps. I grew up on the west coast and a good portion of my discovery youth in Southern California (the 9 or so to 16 or so years; 7 years in Chula Vista and Imperial Beach) but I had cousins (and aunts and uncles) in the mountains. Visiting them was the best. Living in Colorado and now in high country, smelling the aspens, pine, and feeling the cold is just heaven. Almost every night before bed, I step out on the porch and just absorb the night air, scents, and scenery.

Carl

12. janea69

janea69 TDPRI Member

Mar 1, 2016
    norway
    Here in Norway (close to Oslo) in the morning we had 2 degrees celsius when i left home , icing on the roofs , but 20 when i arrived back home. Hard to know what to wear.

13. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

Apr 23, 2006
    Leafs Nation
    Those Jotul wood stoves sure warm a place up.

14. Sconnie

Sconnie Tele-Holic

May 1, 2017
    Denver, CO
    Beautiful! I miss the Boulder Nederland area during winter, a truly stunning place to be. I remember some great views of the flatirons and front range covered in snow from atop Gamow tower in my college days at CU, can't wait for snow in Denver!

15. Freejack

Freejack Friend of Leo's

Apr 26, 2011
    Nederland, CO
    Yep. This one is in the Master Bedroom. We have a Pellet stove in the living area, baseboard water, and overall passive solar. The place was freaking hot yesterday when I got home.

[​IMG]

Carl

darkwaters likes this.

16. g-Paul

g-Paul Tele-Holic

Apr 23, 2006
    Leafs Nation
    Wow, looks nice!

17. BigDaddyLH

BigDaddyLH Telefied Ad Free Member

+1. I'm not a fan of hot weather, either. Glad to see the end of summer.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.