Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

Modified bridge

Discussion in 'Tele Home Depot' started by XxJoshxX, Mar 24, 2013.

1. XxJoshxX

XxJoshxX Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2013
    FLORIDA
    Hello, I'm planning on entering this year's build challenge for the first time. I've already started designing and I want this one to be a multi scale fanned fret type thing. The one question I have is about the bridge, my scales are going to be 28'' and 25.5'' and I was wondering how to get that type of angle on a standard tele bridge, I've seen people use a lefty bridge to get the correct angle for the pickup, but that won't matter because I'm using a humbucker in the bridge. My idea was to use pickup mounting screws for the saddles. Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. metecem

metecem Tele-Afflicted

If you are going to use a traditional bridge, I'd cut some steel and bend at the appropriate angle. Easy peasy to do.

3. XxJoshxX

XxJoshxX Tele-Holic

Jan 20, 2013
    FLORIDA
    I wish I could, but I'm 13 and have no equipment to do anything with steel and such

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Glen Smith

Glen Smith RIP

Aug 20, 2011
    Canada
    If you want to reinvent guitar parts, you are going to need time, patience, tools and materials.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.