Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MODERATORS, what the heck is happening here???

Discussion in 'Forum Problems & Issues' started by Peregrino69, Jan 12, 2019 at 1:41 PM.

1. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    The Privates always criticize the Generals .

2. Festus_Hagen

Festus_Hagen Tele-Meister

Jul 6, 2016
    Jeff City, Mo.
    I had a post removed for violating forum policy (which it didn't. I was discussing life), but they don't give you any information so you don't make the same mistake twice.

Lately it's been really a messed up situation. :(

Doctorx33 and soulgeezer like this.
  3. RLee77

RLee77 Friend of Leo's

May 15, 2016
    Silicon Valley
    When you allow a human some degree of control over others, based on ambiguous rules they are free to interpret however they choose, with no oversight — how could it NOT cause problems?

Festus_Hagen likes this.
  4. elihu

elihu Poster Extraordinaire

Dec 24, 2009
    Texas
    Sorry for the brief post-I was at work.

See, I think of you as one of the fixtures around here so I assumed you remembered. My impression of Chet was that he thrived on attention. You've met those people that seem to gravitate toward drama. Chet's piece de resistance was when he asked the moderators to ban him.

It was a :rolleyes: moment. No big deal.

blowtorch likes this.
  5. blowtorch

blowtorch Telefied Ad Free Member

May 2, 2003
    Wisco
    It's always been like that.

Steve Holt likes this.
  6. robt57

robt57 Telefied Ad Free Member

Feb 29, 2004
    Portland, OR
    Get mad, get over it optionally. Leave, leave and come back. Don't leave and forget about it...

I can say I have done all these things in 15 years here, yet here I am.

Steve Holt and El Tele Lobo like this.
  7. Manual Slim

Manual Slim Tele-Holic

Mar 21, 2017
    B
    I read that thread and linked article and enjoyed them both, but I was surprised the thread lasted as long as it did. It was inherently political. I like that sort of thing and would be happy to see more of it, but it was doomed from the start.

8. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2017
    USA
    This is the Central Scrutinizer...

titan uranus likes this.
  9. Art VanDelay

Art VanDelay Tele-Holic

May 20, 2018
    Arcata
    "We should do this again sometime"

"Your dog is now living on a farm that looks like this Thomas Kinkade painting"

10. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

Yea, the key is to remember this is a social forum. That's it. It really doesn't matter, there's no official policy or decisional importance to anything shared here. This is all recreational, and doesn't matter. Some folks get too serious and carried away, as if this is the battleground for survival, lol. Its just a friendly guitar forum whats not important. Even if a thread gets deleted. Deleted threads don't delete the truth. Just dodge the over-serious threads, or try to help reign folks in to a friendly discourse.

11. L.A. Mike

L.A. Mike Tele-Meister

Mar 1, 2014
    East coast of USA
    depends
    Bill pulls it off ok

[​IMG]

12. Tonetele

Tonetele Poster Extraordinaire

Jun 2, 2009
    South Australia
    I don't know what to say except that I will read the regulations again.
    In the meantime I'm shutting up as I don't want to offend anyone.

13. El Tele Lobo

El Tele Lobo Friend of Leo's

Oct 21, 2014
    Florida
    I’m only offended by cargo shrots…and bumched shrits.

14. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    merry.jpg

what-doesnt-kill-you-funny-mouse-meme.jpg

Shuster, tery and Tonetele like this.
  15. Peregrino69

Peregrino69 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

Dec 12, 2016
    Amsterdam
    @blowtorch - touche :p :D Whether or not I'd want to moderate this forum... good question... been there done that, albeit in a lot smaller scale. Whether or not I'd want to do it here, yeah, don't know. I have no idea on the daily number of postings.

My apology - I generally try to be a lot more careful in how I express myself. Yes, you are right, it does indeed touch politics - can't really avoid it ref subject. Instead of laconic "no politics" I should've written "The article wasn't political".

My point was to initiate a discussion about how our experience of time is changing and has changed, and how that might affect the future generations. The article does mention a dilemma of a fictitious politician "Clarissa" and brings up a few examples how different governments are specifically incorporating long-term thinking into policy-making, but that's just one, relatively minor, part of it. IMO if one thinks that little part turns the whole article political, one has a leetle bit narrow point of view.

From what @Manual Slim says I gather that someone apparently did pick up just that and run with it, and others apparently followed. Maybe we should have a little addition to the ground rules listed at the bottom of the page... Don't Feed The Troll.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019 at 2:58 AM
  16. TokyoPortrait

TokyoPortrait Tele-Meister

Dec 10, 2017
    Tokyo, Japan
    The only reason he pulls it off though, is the matching footwear. It's this care and attention he's given that makes the whole ensemble...:)

Shuster likes this.
  17. 5ofeight

5ofeight Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Oct 17, 2016
    Glasgow
    There lies a picture of a man who cares not what others think but is cunning enough to still draw attention to himself, a well fed ego imho..

Shuster likes this.
  18. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Tele-Afflicted

I don't know, baiting trolls often results in them exposing themselves as trolls. At which point, they realize they are outed and leave, and folks loose interest and ignore the thread. Thread ignoring is a gentleman's alternative to deletion btw.

19. Gibson

Gibson Friend of Leo's

Feb 13, 2007
    Just passing thru

Cargo shrots . . . check (extra points for camo pattern)

Bumched shrit . . . check

Socks with sandals . . . check

Seems Bill Murray is the archetypal TDPRI poster. Who knew? Is he somewhat of a bodybuilder?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.