Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Mobile amplifier?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RoCkstAr256, Jan 8, 2018.

1. LowThudd

LowThudd Friend of Leo's

Feb 11, 2014
    Sherman Oaks, Ca
    I have a Fender Mustang Mini. Pretty nice little amp. Can be found cheap. I think I paid $40 used from GC.

RoCkstAr256 and Archtop Bill like this.

2. Another vote for this under-loved amp. Runs for a couple hours on C batteries. Great for crunchy blues and the cleans ain’t bad.

3. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Crate is cool, however price tag here is just way off. I am thinking of Boss Katana Mini, is it enought loud to play in the streets?

4. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Yorkshire
    Fuel tank pedal power supply to run the tone making pedals and feed that into a Laney Audiohub 4x4 on a stand.
    Buskers who play electric guitars through little amps, with the 'neeng-neeng-fizz' farty wasp battling its way from a tin can are an audio blight.
    Buskers who play electric through something with power behind it and cone area in front get coins in their case.

RoCkstAr256 likes this.

5. RoCkstAr256

RoCkstAr256 Tele-Holic

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    Cant decide between katana or roland. Katana 30 not available in here.

6. VintageSG

VintageSG Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Mar 31, 2016
    Yorkshire
    There was a busker in town today. Acoustic guitar with pickup and mic in to a Roland Street Cube.
    He could be heard clearly, and cleanly, for many tens of yards. The amp sounded fantastic. Real authority to the sound without being too loud. Good sound cuts through.
    He could play and sing well too, which no doubt helped. That ability to rise above the hustle and bustle of the street without being obnoxiously loud was rather impressive.
    It seems half the street buskers round these parts use either the Roland or the Laney, and they sound good doing it. One or two use smaller battery powered amps, which outdoors, sound poor and tinny with no strength to carry the sound.

7. Jimclarke100

Jimclarke100 Tele-Afflicted

Sep 8, 2009
    Horsham, UK
    For busking I'd say a Roland street cube. Has electric models, acoustic stuff and a mic input.
    Seems to be the favourite for buskers round here....
    A straight guitar amp like the THR10 limits you to only the guitar - ok that may be all you are looking at now, but it's still a limitation should you want to sing yourself or get a singer later...

8. LGOberean

LGOberean Poster Extraordinaire

May 31, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    Well, I wasn't sure what the availability of a used Crate TX50 would be in Poland, or the price range. That's why I referred to price ranges here in the USA, as reflected in the "Sold Listings" on eBay. That price range again was $203 - $400, averaging at $287. Four were within your stated budget of $250, specifically, $203, $223, $240, $242. And since you said your budget "might be higher in the future," you might keep it in mind, if you don't find something before then. And again, that assuming the amp is available used and within your price range in your country.

I don't know how it would do as an amp for metal on the street; I don't play metal. But Rock and Blues it can definitely do. And it certainly is mobile. Anyway, just a suggestion. Good luck.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.