Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MLB Playoffs And WS

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Stringbanger, Oct 4, 2016.

1. rz350

rz350 Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Waubeka Wisconsin
    Yep, that was awesome!

Congrats to the Cubs, and to the City of Chicago, the genuine expression of joy on every person I saw on TV was heart warming. :) :) ;)

2. hilljr170

hilljr170 Tele-Meister

Jul 18, 2011
    Mission Viejo Ca
    What a game! Congrats to all the Cubs fans. Happy for you. And you Indian fans: you guys are gonna be back there really soon too. Both teams are going to be fun to watch for quite a while.

-Hawk- likes this.

3. william tele

william tele Doctor of Teleocity

Nov 7, 2009
    Kansas City, MO
    So my question is: When they sing that Cubs song? How much difference in pitch do think there is between any two games? I think it would be fun to know...

4. ac15

ac15 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

May 9, 2005
    CHICAGO, IL.
    That was ultimately why as a Chicagoan who is a White Sox fan, I could not root against them, as I usually do.

After all, I have to live with these people, so they may as well be happy!

rz350, P Thought and Wyzsard like this.

5. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Silver Supporter

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    Great to see the Cubs and the city of Chicago have such a positive event to celebrate. Congratulations enjoy the win.

6. uriah1

uriah1 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Feb 12, 2011
    Around
    It's all because I ate the wrong colored cupcake at work..
    Oh well..we always have the browns
    yea, I guess I should be glad a non coast town won and a team that has not won in a long time
    Ok

7. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA

8. radiomanjh

radiomanjh Tele-Afflicted

Nov 14, 2010
    Texas
    Wow! having lived in both cities (decades in each) I was torn but love both teams! this series is probably the best sporting event Iv'e ever seen in my lifetime so far! congrats to the Cubs and Indians both for their respective sportsmanship to one another during the games, a very class act. I think we may see them meet again, I hope so.

9. -Hawk-

-Hawk- Tele-Afflicted

Oct 14, 2015
    IL, USA
    I can't read this thread during games. Always too stressful and the ever-present jinx is out there lurking.

My neighborhood sounded like WWIII was popping off about midnight. What a ride. I'll gladly meet the day on a few hours sleep to say I saw that.

Indians fans - I feel your pain and can only say you've got a team to be immensely proud of there. I don't think any other team could have done what they did with what the adversity they faced. Really a remarkable story and I sincerely hope they get their moment sooner than later.

Wyzsard, Gene O., Flaneur and 2 others like this.

10. Stringbanger

Stringbanger Doctor of Teleocity

Jan 18, 2013
    West O' Philly, PA
    Dang...I fell asleep in the third inning...I think. Saw it on the news this morning, and you fellas helped to fill in the blanks. Great WS! Congratulations Cubbers and all their fans! Hats off to all the Cub fans that never had a chance to savor a WS win.

Wyzsard likes this.

11. xland

xland Tele-Meister

Mar 26, 2015
    Central Illinois
    That was a great series and I'm thrilled the Cubs won!! w00t!! My hat's off to Cleveland, they never gave up and that made it a very exciting World Series. I wish them nothing but the best in the future, they have a really good young team with a great manager as well. I see good things for both teams going forward.

12. haggardfan1

haggardfan1 Friend of Leo's

Mar 17, 2014
    down every road
    Baseball just doesn't get any better than that. Two deserving teams that played their hearts out, extra innings, one run...it was like a movie about baseball!

I wanted everybody to win. I'm going to get chills thinking about last night's game for a long time to come. The whole Series was just surreal.

radiomanjh and william tele like this.

13. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    I think if Hollywood made a baseball movie with that exact plot, with all the twists and turns in the game, including the rain delay, people would complain about it being unrealistic and too melodramatic. That game was crazy.

haggardfan1 likes this.

14. Flaneur

Flaneur Friend of Leo's

May 24, 2010
    Scotland
    What's not to like about a Series that goes to extra innings in game 7? Fantastic!

Wyzsard likes this.

15. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    The Series was great reminder of how good baseball can be!

That was a heckuva mountain to climb, but the Cubs managed to do it. World Champion Chicago Cubs... the parade is going to be something!

Wyzsard likes this.

16. Kingpin

Kingpin Friend of Leo's

Mar 16, 2003
    Here
    Now, why am I nervously scanning the sky for the imminent appearance of a giant asteroid? Surely the end is nigh.

17. voodooblues

voodooblues Friend of Leo's

Sep 12, 2012
    Berwyn, Il
    That last game was incredible, like two prize fighters trading blows and running on fumes. Happy for the Cubs, but it's almost a shame that one of those teams had to lose

uriah1 and radiomanjh like this.

18. Georox

Georox Tele-Afflicted

Oct 30, 2014
    The tan house in AZ
    Freakin Fantastic!

19. Kirchensfan

Kirchensfan Telefied Silver Supporter

Jan 1, 2013
    New Jersey
    I didn't read all 32 pages, but if this was posted, it cant hurt to see again Cubs_world_Series_.jpg

radiomanjh and Wyzsard like this.

20. scrapyardblue

scrapyardblue Friend of Leo's

Feb 6, 2007
    central illinois
    I agree with the suspense, the surreal atmosphere, the heightened stakes and the whole show itself but, as a lover of baseball, how do you get an umpire at baseball's finest hour that doesn't know the strike zone? I can't remember a game, ever, where the home ump was more influenced by the stance of the batter and not the strike zone itself.

McGlamRock likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.