Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reiland Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com Reilander Pickups
Join TDPRI Today

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    When you get to the point of aging the body, they will ask you to take a look at existing pics on their site and pick a few out that most closely represents the aging you're looking for. IMO explaining the specifics of aging is alright, but far more difficult to get than pics. I would suggest finding specific pics you like (whether it's on their site or elsewhere) and send those to them.

When they did my aging (see above), I mentioned that I wanted medium aging and something that looks like it's been legitimately on the road for the past 20+ years. I think they did a super job with it!

2. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Holic

May 23, 2011
    Alberta, Canada
    Checked out an MJT 'tele' last Saturday and boy oh boy, what a nice guitar this turned out to be. Weighing in at just under 7lb the vintage tele style guitar had a lightly relic'd ash body with a truly outstanding display of grain under the clear finish. This, plus a set of excellent Fender Custom Shop 'Blackguard' pickups, a chunky but comfortable Licensed 'AllParts' maple neck, and tone and sustain to die for, ensured that this guitar just had to come home with me.

This is now my third MJT guitar; two teles and my gorgeous 'Hendrix' Strat.

Hard to find fault with any of the three, and they really are comparable to most of their more expensive rivals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Fender CS Blackguard pickups

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017 at 3:57 PM
  3. rze99

rze99 Friend of Leo's

Feb 26, 2014
    South London UK

sweeet

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Texas
    That grain pattern is wild.

6. thegaijin

thegaijin Tele-Meister

Oct 2, 2012
    Tokyo
    Here's my new addition. MJT pine body, Warmoth neck.
    6F8D036A-60BB-4FF3-9EF2-779BE593F1C3.jpg

7. GGardner

GGardner TDPRI Member

Thursday
    NJ
    MJT painted a used G&L ASAT Tribute for me. I chose the like-new finish, as opposed to the beat-up look. I bought the guitar off Craigslist for $200 and loved the thin neck and pickups, but never warmed to the sunburst colors. P.S. They seem to be really nice guys.

IMG_0068.jpg

Nubs, mannequin and RevBillyG like this.
  8. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I was thinking of letting them do something similar to my guitar(s). About how much did the repainting cost if you don't mind my asking?

9. GGardner

GGardner TDPRI Member

Thursday
    NJ
    I honestly don't remember--it was back in 2013. I had a buddy strip off the poly finish (which he said was an absolute bear). You could just call them and ask how much they'll charge you. I had some leeway because I only paid $200 for the guitar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.