Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    That's a very nice looking lefty! If I wasn't already knee-deep in my build, I'd seriously look at this. GLWTS. That should sell no problem!

2. guycalleddave

guycalleddave Tele-Meister

Oct 10, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I'm a tele owner again!

I finally got my build finished. MJT body closest clean (with a belly cut), Warmouth FAT Roasted Maple Neck no finish, Gibson Classic 57 in the neck and Don Mare 11K 0038 in the bridge, and that hella expensive brass bridge plate. It's a great guitar. IMG_20170201_195256.jpg

3. gtrjunior

gtrjunior Tele-Holic

Nov 14, 2016
    NorthEast U.S.
    Love the pick guard color!

4. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    Thanks. It does look better than white or parchment to me. Great BSB Dave! Big fan of Grand Rapids too. Need to make it back to the B.O.B!

5. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    The Coral-caster is coming along nicely...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. dandelo

dandelo TDPRI Member

Jul 25, 2011
    Seligenstadt / Germany
    Does anyone (non US citizens) know when MJT will have their CITES Certificates?
    Thanks a lot!

7. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    Just call MJT and Matt can probably tell you.

8. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

UPS lost my MJT complete kit, it was supposedly delivered on Monday, this is a very sad day.

9. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    That sucks. Hopefully they will get it together and find your box. What kit did you order?

ftbtx likes this.

10. ftbtx

I ordered a VTT Complete kit, but I supplied a Musikraft neck with vintage specs. It's BSB with black pickguard.

11. ftbtx

The package has been found. What a relief. Now just waiting on my 0038.

12. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    Cool. Sounds like it will be an awesome build. Glad they found it. Kind of a big box to just lose like that.

13. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Checking is done. Now just waiting for the neck to arrive:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

RevBillyG likes this.

14. guycalleddave

guycalleddave Tele-Meister

Oct 10, 2011
    Grand Rapids, MI

man, it took me almost 4 months to get my 0038, but damn if it wasn't worth it.

ftbtx likes this.

15. ftbtx

Did anyone else need to sand the neck pocket a bit to get their Musikraft neck to fit properly?

16. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    I do that occasionally. Just to smooth out the bottom so the neck sits flush/more even. Wood will expand and contract so if you let it sit and get use to the climate in your area that may help a bit too.

17. ftbtx

Thanks!

18. RevBillyG

RevBillyG Tele-Meister

Feb 10, 2017
    Texas
    Well, I'm a Tele owner again. Just bought this from Mark Jenny.

Ash body, maple neck with rosewood board...kluson tuners, fender 6 saddle bridge...neck has 9.5 radius...pickups are made by Righteous Sound Pickups...they are on the bright side....the finish is nitro...tele weighs 7.3 pounds...no case

MJT.jpg

mannequin and Nubs like this.

19. rob5755

rob5755 Tele-Holic

Oct 9, 2008
    Freehold NJ
    MJT Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Area T noiseless and an Armadillo heavy brass bridge. Got a whole lot of awesome sauce in this one.

And yes, there's a Fender watersllde on the headstock, but there's also a Warmoth Turtle decal as well, both under several coats of nitro lacquer. No doubts about this baby's heritage. MJT all the way. 20170316_204017-01_resized_1.jpg 20170316_204100-01_resized.jpg

RevBillyG and Nubs like this.

20. [J.K.]

[J.K.] Tele-Meister

Jun 27, 2011
    Δustin
    Hey all, been thinking about getting a Jeff Beck-styled Esquire from MJT lately. Only thing is, I'm a bit particular about the wear on it. I love the look (and more importantly, the feel) of the cuts on the Jeff Beck Esquire, but I was wondering how good peoples' experiences with being super specific on the wear with MJT?

What I'm most concerned about is the wrist-wear area being further forward (Beck anchored his wrist so far back!) and being less dramatic. I've seen some builds that really capture that evenly-worn little sphere of wear with slight "fraying" at all edges of the wear, and some just look like a chunk of pain was taken off and a couple scratches were added to make it look a little worn. Have people even asked for very specific looks or sent pictures and gotten good results, or is it kind of up to the MJT gang's discretion?

Not to be overly critical, but I feel like I've seen a large number of the Beck replicas and have really only liked a small handful of the finish jobs on them.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.