Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Join TDPRI Today

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    Dang...two at a time. You are kicking it up a notch there!

2. TigerEye

TigerEye TDPRI Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Pacific Northwest
    IMG_2836.JPG

Here's mine! It came last week as a gift to myself for my 30th birthday and I absolutely love it. It has belly and forearm cuts, the latter of which I was unsure about and acknowledge it looks a little funny with the wood grain seemingly "distorted," but it's so comfortable I can't imagine going back! It has a USACG neck with Don Mare Donocaster bridge and S-Telly pickups (totally worth the wait!). I love the light relicing and checking. My next electric will definitely be another MJT build!

IMG_2875.JPG IMG_2876.JPG IMG_2878.JPG

RevBillyG, Lefty Addams and Nubs like this.

3. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Oh yeah man, that's the stuff! Makes me want to get mine done right away now! Congrats man, she is a looker indeed! And I bet she plays like a dream!

Rock on fellow lefty!! ;)

Lefty Addams likes this.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. ftbtx

ftbtx Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

My MJT stuff is on order, hopefully I'll have it in February. Doing a BSB Esquire with Musikraft neck. Can't wait!

6. NC E30

NC E30 TDPRI Member

Oct 15, 2015
    North Carolina
    I will be joining the club soon, mine was shipped yesterday!

ftbtx likes this.

7. TigerEye

TigerEye TDPRI Member

Feb 7, 2015
    Pacific Northwest
    Thank you so much!! Indeed the playability is out-of-this world and I'm just so happy with how the guitar turned out! It's so amazing as a lefty to be able to choose what color, neck, etc., all those little details! You should *definitely* get one when you have the chance. Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any questions on left-handed parts and hardware; I found some good deals and resources during my online searches.

Nubs likes this.

8. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    I just reached out to them & the body I ordered arrived yesterday. So now the waiting continues...can't wait to see the paint job & other appointments to it. I'll post pics of its progress.

9. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    It is almost done!!! New pics from Wendy. Hoping to get it in the next few weeks. IMG_5214 (2).JPG IMG_5215 (2).JPG

RevBillyG and Nubs like this.

10. pondcaster

pondcaster Friend of Leo's

Nov 29, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    No Doubt! That is gorgeous, those guys do such top-shelf work.

Congrats in advance.

11. brbadg

brbadg Tele-Holic

Mar 11, 2008
    Timonium,Maryland
    I'll be throwing my hat into the ring soon.I figured out I'm not a very good guitar refinisher!

12. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    Yeah, for the price I would rather the pros do this. One day I may get adventurous and try finish work but not now. All that I am waiting on is checking (medium) and for them to darken the bare wood areas a little. I would like to think before Christmas is possible.

13. Nubs

Nubs Tele-Holic

Aug 16, 2014
    Houston, TX
    Behold the birth of the Coral-caster!

[​IMG][​IMG]

RevBillyG likes this.

14. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    Sonic Blue is done. 6.8 lbs., light 2 piece ash body. The usual aged Fender hardware, Allparts TRO-C neck from portofmiami and Dawgtown 62 pickups. These sound great and are non RW/RP in the middle position.

Attached Files:

RevBillyG, hrstrat57 and Lefty Addams like this.

15. christhebrit

christhebrit Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2013
    Kent
    That rosewood looks seriously dark or is it just the camera?

16. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Holic

May 6, 2012
    England
    Thats really nice mate, congrats!

17. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    It is that dark. I have been very lucky when ordering these relic necks as they have all been dark and very even with no streaks.

18. christhebrit

christhebrit Tele-Holic

Mar 12, 2013
    Kent
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

I asked MJT to do me a build based on very specific wear from an original broadcaster. They've done a spectacular job
    [​IMG]

Not only that but this one rings acoustically unlike any electric I've owned. It's the honeymoon period but it might actually be better than my no 1 cs Nocaster.
    Pickups are Klein Broadcasters

19. baiff

baiff Tele-Holic

Jul 17, 2011
    Midlothian, IL
    That one is pretty awesome!!! Great aging as usual.

20. gwmican

gwmican TDPRI Member

Jan 29, 2012
    Victoria, Tx
    I don't know if this is allowed, and if it's not mods please delete. I have my lefty VTT for sale on Reverb for a heck of a deal if anyone is interested. Only reason for selling is I'm a guitar and amp whore and I want a new amp. Thanks!

MJT VTT LEFTY 2016 Butterscotch Blonde
    https://reverb.com/item/3634073-mjt-vtt-lefty-2016-butterscotch-blonde

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.