Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

MJT Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Doth, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Hell All,

I did a search and couldn't find a thread for Mark and Matt Jenny's awesome work. Although both of these have been posted in other locations, here they are in appreciate of the fine work at MJT.

Beck Tribute Esquite. USACG Neck and Body finished by Mark. Callaham hardware, Lollar pickup.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daphne. USACG Neck and Body finished by Mark. Callaham hardware, Lollar Pickups.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    I am very excited to have another guitar arriving from Matt and Mark shortly. This is the first one that is not a USACG body and neck.

The Body of this one is a Wildwood and the Neck is an Allparts TMO-FAT. Total weight is 5 lbs 14 oz.

Don

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

brbadg and fordfanjpn like this.

3. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

Mar 26, 2008
    roanoke, va
    Here's mine. I diggit! Great work by the MJT team (their body, with a Fender 50's Classic Tele neck, Fralin stock bridge pickup, Callaham bridge/saddles/hardware throughout).

[​IMG]

brbadg likes this.

4. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Superbadj,

That color is awesome. The white Pickguard really fits the bill as well.

Don

5. strat71

strat71 TDPRI Member

Oct 15, 2010
    tahiti
    my MJT body with 66 neck...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Nov 17, 2006
    MA
    Forgive the crappy cell phone pic. My MJT body is the one in the middle. The guitar stand is my 68 DR.

[​IMG][/IMG]

7. Eric W

Eric W Tele-Meister

Jan 24, 2010
    Toledo, OH
    Here's my MJT Beck Esquire Tribute. Duncan Antiquity and NOS PIO caps in the wiring harness. Mark and Matt's work and customer service is fantastic! Great guys to work with.
    [​IMG]

8. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    strat71, I am not usually a fan of Rosewood fretboads, but yours looks amazing.

straightface, Being left-handed must totally limit your options. A company like MJT has to be a godsend.

Eric W, I love it, but I am biased.

9. arakele

arakele Tele-Holic

Sep 2, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Got something on the way...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

monkey in the middle

[​IMG]

10. straightface

straightface Friend of Leo's

Nov 17, 2006
    MA
    Certainly is a godsend. All three of the guitars in the pic are partscasters. The one on the left has a USACG body and a Rice Custom neck, The MJT has a Musikraft neck and the esquire is a USACG body with an MIJ Fender neck. All keepers.

11. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    arakele, Very, very nice. What are the specs?

12. arakele

arakele Tele-Holic

Sep 2, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    The body was one of the prefinished bodies. It wasn't far off from what I wanted in my head and it was cheaper than getting it done to my preferences, so I saved a few bucks. The neck is an Allparts TMO-V (7.25, vintage frets, V back). The neck will be aged to match the body. It will have a white guard and be close to a mid 50's Esquire. I have an AVRI62 bridge pup that will go in it for the time being, but it will most likely end up with a Don Mare Green Onions.

Keep in mind I am not a huge fan of relics, I don't like getting nicks and scratches on my guitars. I figured if I got one already banged up... I won't care when I add more.

13. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    Sounds like it is going to be a looker and a player. Don't forget to check out the Arlo And Eldred mods for the Esquire to get that "Cocked Wah" Sound.

I wasn't a big fan of relics before I started my Jeff Beck Esquire. I have seen the Fender Custom Shop relics, the relics from Nash, and other relics, but I had never seen a MJT. It turns out one of the reasons I wasn't a fan of the relics previously is that they aren't weren't well done. I have no idea how Mark does his finishes, but they are very believable and I really enjoy his work.

Plus, you are correct, you won't panic when it gets a ding or a scratch.

14. hwy145

hwy145 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 11, 2010
    Kalamazoo!!!!
    Finally have all the parts for this one, which will be my third. All mine have the all parts fat necks. Mjt is great!

Attached Files:

15. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    That's gorgeous. Double bound?

Sent from my iPhone using TDPRI

16. hwy145

hwy145 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 11, 2010
    Kalamazoo!!!!
    Yup, here is my mjt bender...

Attached Files:

17. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA

Very nice, did you send it to Gene to install the bender?

18. hwy145

hwy145 Tele-Afflicted

Nov 11, 2010
    Kalamazoo!!!!
    Forrest Lee jr. It is quite an amazing guitar. I'm sending my black mjt out to him when I get the scratch. See a pattern in my guitars?

Attached Files:

19. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Jun 9, 2010
    San Jose, CA
    You have to love the bound custom look. Great guitars.

20. FretFire

FretFire TDPRI Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Albuquerque, NM
    I'll throw my tele in this thread. MJT body, USACG rosewood neck, Rutters bridge, Klein pickups. Love this thing!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

tlsmack likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.