Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Missing Person...young woman

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frank'n'censed, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Flakey

Flakey Friend of Leo's

Don't underestimate street junkies on what they can or will do. Remember, they live on the street so they probably know more about what goes on in the neighborhood than you do. Things like who comes and goes and at what time and how. Just because they haven't done anything doesn't mean they don't have the capacity. Their existence is dependent on keeping their normalcy. If that gets threaten their complete system, particularly his need for her to be with him, will be something he may fight for. Its all about getting that next hit and I'm sure she has much more value in getting those resources than he does.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018 at 12:43 AM

2. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    If the "interested party" isn't a relative of the missing girl, how do know how to get in touch with the family? Also, did she go missing in Vancouver, or did she show up in Vancouver?

3. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Her family’s all over news media...she showed up in Vancouver, missing from it’s greater area

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 11:39 AM

4. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee

5. Brokenpick

Brokenpick Tele-Afflicted

Oct 29, 2008
    Dixie
    Why doesn't this Interested Party Person do all the wandering and wondering and pondering and action taking themselves?
    Sometimes Interested Parties need other interests.
    Sometimes the Street Lifestyle shouldn't be accepted... Sorry your neighborhood is like this.

6. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    This other party has some physical challenges...he knows I’m retired with some time, enquiring whether I knew of these two, asking if I’d be vigilant. The irony being, they were literally under my nose, all along.
    My neighborhood’s one of the more affluent one’s in the country, (there’s a $75 million place just down the hill). Not that I’m all that, buying into the market before things got really stupid. The City deliberately has subsidized housing in areas like mine. Some of these factors can draw undesirable situations for some

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 1:49 PM

7. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    They are also feral beings and so how you act around them will influence how they act toward you. They are opportunistic predators and so averting your eyes and changing your habits could possibly invite problems. Don't act like a victim around them, and don't allow yourself to be intimidated. If you walk outside, and he's glaring at you, say "hi" or ask him if he's seen a stray dog. Look him in the eye and engage him.

We had a shady guy in a broken down car who took to parking on our street late at night with his running lights on, and it was always the same. Another car would eventually pull up, someone would get out and walk up to him, then both cars would leave. So we made it a point to be out in the street at night when we noticed the car parked there. I'd take my dog outside and throw the ball for him, right by the car. After that activity, he just sorta evaporated.

Its your neighborhood. You decide what kind of neighborhood it is, not them.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 1:57 PM

8. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Some great points, thanks...For over 15 years, I’ve been monitoring the local street life in my immediate neighbourhood. Some have legitimate mental issues, in need of medical care, while others are predators. Over the years, I’ve gotten to know many of them. This guy hardly intimidates me, I’m 6’4”/245 lbs., physically aggressive by nature...conversely, I’m leary of weapons & the element of surprise.

JuneauMike likes this.

9. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Is there a "Neighborhood Watch" program in your community ? If not maybe you could have a meeting with your neighbors and the police department to set something up ?

Frank'n'censed likes this.

10. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Earlier this afternoon, I talked with my associate contact...he’s already contacted the police, saying they have a couple of female officers on the case. He also confirmed the mole on her left cheek, above mouth. We watched a video he made of the pair walking away, down the sidewalk. With that evidence, I suggested compairing her gait to that of a few other surveillance videos of her walking. Tomorrow, I’m going to contact the authorities about my particulars, especially where they’ve been hanging out.

Chunkocaster and tery like this.

11. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Holic

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    Hopefully the police do something about it. If not you could always organise a large net and a box truck to load them up for a quick trip to the outskirts of town.
    If they have featured her in the local media you could give them a call and tell them when and where they can find them. A few reporters on the scene would clear them off pretty quick.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 7:33 PM

12. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Is the missing woman Raelynn August?

13. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    No, she isn’t

14. kelnet

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    What's her name? I'll Google her image. I'm downtown quite a bit and I'll keep my eyes open.

15. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Kristina Ward, thanks

16. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Good idea. This is a very active case apparently with lots of recent coverage in the local papers. The police are very interested in tips from the community.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...-mystery-man-in-kristina-ward-video-1.4840989

17. JuneauMike

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    Wow, thats a lot of ink for a 21-year-old whose left home. Is it a Canadian thing?

18. awasson

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Actually, I think it’s because she has a health condition and requires medication, which she’s obviously not getting.

Chunkocaster likes this.

19. JuneauMike

May 5, 2015
    Alaska
    Hmm. Ok. I saw a family member mention it once, but none of the law enforcement officials talked about it like it was a life-saving health issue. I'm guessing it's a Canadian thing. American law enforcement or the press wouldn't spend that kind of energy looking for a grown adult who left home unless it appeared they were abducted or there was some other criminality suspected. But YMMV.

20. awasson

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver
    Well you know... There’s only about 35 million of us up here and everyone of us matters so the authorities put in a little extra effort to make sure we’re a-ok :D

Actually, they don’t go into any detail but I wonder if she isn’t intellectually challenged and she might function at a lower capacity than her physical age. If that is the case, it could be that under law she isn’t an adult. That is a thing up here and people in this situation are either in the charge of their parents or are wards of the court and have guardians assigned to them. I’m totally spitballing because I don’t know her situation but that could be the case.

JuneauMike likes this.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.