Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups darrenriley.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com
Asher Guitars WD Music Products Amplified Parts Mod Kits DIY Nordstarnd Pickups Warmoth.com

Missing Person...young woman

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by Frank'n'censed, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Frank'n'censed

Frank'n'censed Doctor of Teleocity

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    About 10 days ago, an associate of mine approached me about a missing person, asking if I’d keep an eye out. She’s from the greater area & has been missing for over a year, now. He suspects she’s hanging in our neighborhood with a shady looking street guy. Yesterday, it finally dawned on me who he was referring to...there’s a pair who’ve been lurking a few blocks up the street, from my place. The man’s older than his description, (I assumed he was her father, previously), usually pacing & edgy, like he needs a fix, the young woman was smoking a joint when I saw her with, long, unkept hair in her face. She typically looks stoned or not all there. Not only do they meet my associate’s description, but the young woman closely fits the RCMP report & other media release details. Reports say she has a mental handicap & requires meds...I took a video yesterday, doubling back, but she suddenly looked up, suspecting I was taping them. Looking closer at her police/media photos, I noticed a mole on her left cheek, that’ll help distinguish whether this is that person. Everytime I’ve seen them hanging up the street, (no doubt, waiting to score), she looks totally out of it...I feel for her

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    nojazzhere likes this.
  2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Poster Extraordinaire

Aug 6, 2014
    UK
    Nice of you to help.

Hope they get some help and stability back.

awasson likes this.
  3. 24 track

24 track Doctor of Teleocity Silver Supporter

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    sad as this may sound , you cant help them unless they want to be helped, I know this first hand I lost a family member from this and although life took its turns for him he ultimately passed away from a heroine overdose at 42 years old , being where she is in life she is probably ashamed to see her family , which is why she stayed away , the only comfort for the family is to know she is alive . I wish you well with what ever you choose to do with your information you have , and I wish her all the best as well , but the roots run deeper than the surface here.

4. kelnet

kelnet Telefied Ad Free Member

Apr 17, 2008
    Port Moody, BC
    Did you contact the police?

awasson, tery, Pualee and 1 other person like this.
  5. joe_cpwe

joe_cpwe Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Nov 27, 2017
    USA
    I thought you were going to post about this young woman, a Missing Person

6. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Do not put yourself or them in danger … notify the RCMP .

DrPepper, nojazzhere and awasson like this.
  7. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    First of all, I want to establish that the young woman in question is that person, via the mole factor I previously mentioned. The crazy thing was earlier this morning, upon walking out the back enterance of my building...the first thing I saw stepping onto the sidewalk, was the druggy, street guy, with his arms crossed, staring right at me! I’ve seen them hanging for their fix, right on my street corner before, with the young woman, slumped on the curb, in her typical position. It was too unsettling for me to walk right at them, especially considering how she eerily, looked up at me when I recorded them on my phone, yesterday. I’ll proceed accordingly...today, I didn’t want to draw attention to myself & spook the situation, so I crossed the street & didn’t look directly at them. Perhaps I’ll get someone else to look for the mole on her left cheek? There’s a dealer in my immediate area, recalling a guy in my building getting caught in an embarrassing scenario with one of them

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    nojazzhere likes this.
  8. tery

tery Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

Sep 21, 2012
    Tennessee
    Watch your back .

9. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    Thanks, I will for sure! It was just a bizzare coincidence...there’s absolutely no way he knew both where I live or which entrance I was exitting through. As I mentioned, they’ve literally hung on my exact corner before, (prior to myself knowing anything about them), waiting for their meds...the timing was a Halloween preview. If she’s the one, it won’t be a happy trick or treat for at least one individual

tery and 24 track like this.
  10. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    She’s an adult, but a needs individual, mentally challenged & reliant upon proper medication. While I don’t pretend to know the legal complications, her family would at least appreciate knowing her situation

11. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    you can make an anonaous call to the RCMP and let them know this could be a missing person and leave it up to them to proceed how they wish , believe me they will not jump to it, but may randomly pass by to check it out. as I have said they cant help her unless she wants it.

tery and awasson like this.
  12. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    and you wont , the police are not fast to respond to this stuff, I lived through scenario at very early age in Vancouver , they just scrape up the dead ones and call it a day.

13. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I’ve lived here for 3 decades, being very familiar with their antics...betcha her family would like a call

14. backporchmusic

backporchmusic Friend of Leo's

Nov 28, 2006
    USA
    You should probably just call in the tip and the let the police decide if she is missing or in danger.

Or maybe Encyclopedia Brown can find her mole before something bad happens.

awasson likes this.
  15. 24 track

Nov 6, 2014
    kamloops bc
    I agree, they need closure, I would still call the police , not to rat them out but so the police can I dentify if she is the missing girl, and can inform the family., its a dark place they live in and hopefully she may take the help. good call on your part

awasson and Frank'n'censed like this.
  16. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    I’ll be sure to check with Funk ’n’ Wagnall before makin a move

Wildcard_35 likes this.
  17. awasson

awasson Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

Nov 18, 2010
    Vancouver

Ok, I don’t understand... Is your associate a family member looking for her or just an interested party?

You don’t want to get involved with psycho druggies by videoing them. There is no inconspicuous way to do it and I’m concerned that they’ve already figured you out. I’ve had recent experience with someone who has mental health troubles and when you’re in their crosshairs it’s really hard to be empathetic to their situation. They also have zero rational so it can be truly dangerous.

My advice is let you associate take it from here or the cops as a missing person thing. Stay away and maybe change your habits, times and ways in and out of your building. I’m truly concerned that you’ve made a target of yourself with these people. Stay safe.

Mugs, Wally, aerhed and 2 others like this.
  18. Frank'n'censed

Mar 27, 2011
    Parts Unknown
    No, he’s just an interested party...today’s deal was pure coincidence. They’ve been hanging around my street for several weeks, long before I got involved. He just happened to be faced my way when I turned, stepping onto the sidewalk. The guy immediately turned away when I looked in his direction, crossing the street

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    awasson likes this.
  19. Wrighty

Wrighty Tele-Holic

Aug 17, 2013
    Essex UK
    Surely the thing to do is report to the police the information you have. They will have the right people, trained in such situations, to help.

awasson likes this.
  20. Chunkocaster

Chunkocaster Tele-Afflicted

Aug 10, 2018
    In space with Ziggy
    I'd want them gone from my street asap. I'd be coming up with a way to have them removed from the area. A side effect of that would be she would possibly get the help she needs and her family would be contacted and advised of her situation. Beyond that I wouldn't get involved.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.